The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 293 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2012, 06:55 PM   #2921
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willakan View Post
My ideal amp would involve marrying the O2 to a ludicrously expensive stepped attenuator: channel balance at very low volume levels (which, despite unity gain and a source with a reasonable 2VRMS output, is something I get uncomfortably close to with my K702s) is the only real complaint I have.
I was wandering once if my relay attenuator would fit the job. But I do not have an O2 nor any friends with one here to try it out. There is a slight chance it would fit in the original enclosure without batteries installed. Actually it is that small. If you want to check it I have a few prototypes. There is a web address with pictures in my profile.

Last edited by Earfanatic; 21st November 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 21st November 2012, 08:51 PM   #2922
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battou62 View Post
Hypothetical question here: How much would the raw parts cost to build a Odac/O2 combo? If I were to get someone to build one for me, how much do you think they would charge?
If you live in Sweden I'll build one for you for 350-400SEK and you pay the shipping fees.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:20 PM   #2923
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agdr View Post
.... Head-N-HiFi in Switzerland Audio Poutine - diyAudio ....
The correct link to my website is to be found in the footer below and a direct link to the O2/ODAC combo is here O2+ODAC Headphone Amplifier / DAC combo

USD price is slightly up at the moment due to the strong Swiss Franc...

Stefan
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:48 PM   #2924
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Whoops! Sorry about that copy-n-paste mix up, swalter.
Old 23rd November 2012, 12:33 AM   #2925
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I dont think RS would appreciate this comparison and you havent got the story right. he didnt just disappear, he simply stopped filling peoples orders or responding to emails. people who paid with credit card were mostly OK because it wasnt charged till the order shipped, but many people lost their money through paypal, some are still waiting years later. every now and then an amp would be shipped, at a staggeringly low frequency and amps that were sent back for updates or repairs, some were repaired and appeared out of the blue, some never returned.

he did send some refunds too, very strange situation

I think its much more likely RS just got bored and moved on, can you blame him? either that or he was paid off or snuffed out =P
We can rule out him getting board and moving on because he would have let other people know about it. I predict it's medical or just an extremely busy project at work.
Old 24th November 2012, 03:10 PM   #2926
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewasiuk View Post
We can rule out him getting board and moving on because he would have let other people know about it. I predict it's medical or just an extremely busy project at work.
wow, now thats some faith, hopefully its not medical because its a pretty darn long time, too long to not find a spare minute at work too...

I actually think the best outcome if we are thinking of him, is that hes just gotten bored and moved on... maybe its not for those waiting on his word for decisions they are making or projects they are building, but really, what more is there to do here? hasnt he given more than enough to the project for you guys to pick it up from here?

I actually thought the best outcome from this project was not the amps, more getting people to do a bit of thinking for themselves about the decisions they make in DIY. it seems to have had the opposite effect for some.

what makes you think that a a person who goes to great efforts to not reveal his identity might think twice about moving on without explaining why? does he even need to explain why?

Last edited by qusp; 24th November 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 25th November 2012, 04:19 PM   #2927
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewasiuk View Post
The last email correspondence I had with RS was in early Aug 2012(needless to say his replies were quick). BTW I had read on his blog sometime back that he had got an offer from Behringer to test their product series,maybe he is busy with that.
Old 27th November 2012, 08:58 AM   #2928
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
I've been using the O2 for awhile but never satisfied with the bass.. Quite tight and not deep enough for my taste. I'm using the recomended opamps, anyone tried other combination and got better bass response?

Old 28th November 2012, 10:15 AM   #2929
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' knight View Post
I've been using the O2 for awhile but never satisfied with the bass.. Quite tight and not deep enough for my taste. I'm using the recomended opamps, anyone tried other combination and got better bass response?
O2 amp CRC, diode, cap, and heatsink mods - see post # 49
Old 28th November 2012, 05:51 PM   #2930
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
Some pictures and texts of my latest O2+ODAC build at my blog ?music

Hide this!Advertise here!