The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 235 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2012, 03:07 PM   #2341
Fsatsil is offline Fsatsil  United States
diyAudio Member

+1 on the Arctic Silver adhesive
Also check out the EnzoTech mos-c1 heat sinks they look like they may be perfect for opamp use.

Old 9th April 2012, 10:09 AM   #2342
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the heatsink help, guys.

If I'm looking at heatsink dimensions (farnell has a pdf with a wireframe pic), how would you choose the size in relation to the target IC socket? Should it match exactly or be a fraction bigger in order to definitely fit?
Old 9th April 2012, 11:10 AM   #2343
diyAudio Member

Is there any ongoing group buys of the O2 kit to Europe(Norway)? I saw Jokener, but doesn't look that hi respond anymore.
Old 10th April 2012, 02:11 AM   #2344
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Yangoran Send a message via MSN to Yangoran Send a message via Skype™ to Yangoran
Hey guys take a look at my custom machined stainless steel front panel if you haven't seen it already. I think it turned out pretty good myself but I may be a little biased.

Also I've got an extra fully made O2 up for auction on eBay if anyone's interested.
Old 10th April 2012, 03:36 AM   #2345
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlong View Post
Is there any ongoing group buys of the O2 kit to Europe(Norway)? I saw Jokener, but doesn't look that hi respond anymore.
Hi everlong,

I have around 100+ part kits in stock for the O2, unfortunately I am on vacation till begin of May. So can only take your order once back. I posted in the GB section with more details. The link to my site is in my footer.

Stefan
Old 10th April 2012, 04:54 AM   #2346
BlueRob is offline BlueRob  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter View Post
Hi everlong,

I have around 100+ part kits in stock for the O2, unfortunately I am on vacation till begin of May. So can only take your order once back. I posted in the GB section with more details. The link to my site is in my footer.

Stefan
Indonesia! Im definitely jealous!
Old 10th April 2012, 03:55 PM   #2347
diyAudio Member

Hi, first time poster and long time lurker here. A bit late on heat sink discussion but I used Zalman VGA ram heat sinks in my last O2 build. The heat sinks fit very tight and barely get away without touching the capacitors, mosfet, and battery.

http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Pr...ad.asp?idx=136

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by 2000impreza; 10th April 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10th April 2012, 08:56 PM   #2348
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangoran View Post
Hey guys take a look at my custom machined stainless steel front panel if you haven't seen it already. I think it turned out pretty good myself but I may be a little biased.

Also I've got an extra fully made O2 up for auction on eBay if anyone's interested.
Holy cow, that looks heavy... and very nice. I like the look of SS over aluminum any day.
Old 11th April 2012, 03:27 PM   #2349
diyAudio Member

That heatsink looks great! Once the board is safely in the case I wouldn't think anything will move around enough to cause any unwanted contact (unless perhaps the O2 suffers a long drop onto a hard surface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000impreza View Post
Hi, first time poster and long time lurker here. A bit late on heat sink discussion but I used Zalman VGA ram heat sinks in my last O2 build. The heat sinks fit very tight and barely get away without touching the capacitors, mosfet, and battery.
Old 12th April 2012, 12:00 AM   #2350
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Yangoran Send a message via MSN to Yangoran Send a message via Skype™ to Yangoran
Nice heatsinking job with the zalmans - is it really worth the trouble though to heatsink the opamps?

Hide this!Advertise here!