The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 216 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2012, 08:59 PM   #2151
diyAudio Member

I have no personal experience regarding your particular headphones. NwAvGuy lists parts sources in the BOM that are more or less "best." An alternate I'm aware of... you can get a pair of Tenergy 9V 250mAh batteries and a 16VAC 20VA power supply for $26.70 including shipping from All Electronics. The ps is overkill, yes, but it's the smallest they have currently. You could find a 120:12 volt, 500mA transformer for cheap and give it a box and in-out plugs. The enclosure is the "perfect fit" for the O2, but isn't a necessity. I ordered the silver model from Allied and it came with silver panels. I'm not sure, but the black model might come with black panels. Anybody know for certain? Fiola's front panel is from a group buy design ordered through Front Panel Express. I think the official O2 docs include a generic design FPE CAD file that you can use.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:57 PM   #2152
Grief is offline Grief  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
I have no personal experience regarding your particular headphones. NwAvGuy lists parts sources in the BOM that are more or less "best." An alternate I'm aware of... you can get a pair of Tenergy 9V 250mAh batteries and a 16VAC 20VA power supply for $26.70 including shipping from All Electronics. The ps is overkill, yes, but it's the smallest they have currently. You could find a 120:12 volt, 500mA transformer for cheap and give it a box and in-out plugs. The enclosure is the "perfect fit" for the O2, but isn't a necessity. I ordered the silver model from Allied and it came with silver panels. I'm not sure, but the black model might come with black panels. Anybody know for certain? Fiola's front panel is from a group buy design ordered through Front Panel Express. I think the official O2 docs include a generic design FPE CAD file that you can use.
Thanks for your response, exactly what I'm looking for.
I'll probably just get the batteries and psu from jds labs since it is around the same price.

I've been away from home for the past couple days so its tough to do research on this. Been studying for a test.

I did read his blog entry fairly thoroughly, I saw the standard enclosures and cad design for the front plate.
Was just wondering if there was anything else different enclosure wise I could throw it into to make it look cooler.
I could potentially edit the cad file to make up the difference.

What specific case did you order from allied.
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:55 AM   #2153
diyAudio Member

Stock #____Mfr part #____Price
278-0275___B2-080SI____$10.60 <-- the SI is the "silver" suffix

Several DIYers have created nice custom cases for their 02. The only limit is a minimum size for LxWxH of the finished PCB.
Old 2nd March 2012, 06:58 AM   #2154
Grief is offline Grief  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
Stock #____Mfr part #____Price
278-0275___B2-080SI____$10.60 <-- the SI is the "silver" suffix

Several DIYers have created nice custom cases for their 02. The only limit is a minimum size for LxWxH of the finished PCB.
I am going to be building my desk for my computer in the next two weeks.

Gonna have some spare aluminum, welder, and plasma cutter but I'm not sure how much spare materials I will have.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:33 AM   #2155
diyAudio Member

Default Panels

@ Grief: There are also the lasercut panels of aerohoff, $6 each + shipping
Thread is over here

Acrylic:
Click the image to open in full size.

Bamboo:
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:14 PM   #2156
diyAudio Member

Default O2 complete kits, immediate shipping from stock

Following unexpected international interest, I am now prepared to ship my kits worldwide; I am also including a UK to EU mains plug adaptor with kits shipped to Europe - see http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ts-uk-only.htm
for full details.
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:24 PM   #2157
diyAudio Member

FYI ODAC article now on blog of NwAvGuy
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:46 PM   #2158
T2T is offline T2T  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post
Got the O2 working like a charm now. It was a bad ground. I sand down the inodize paint properly this time and mount the RCA jack like you recommend and it fixed my hollow sound.

Thanks for the help!
Like you, I had some "issues" with mine not being grounded properly. I didn't build mine, but purchased it assembled. I had to sand down a bit of the paint on the inside of the front cover around the screw hole, so the ground wire would make a solid contact.

... wje from head-fi.org
Old 2nd March 2012, 04:01 PM   #2159
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver View Post
Great, I've been waiting patiently for news on the ODAC... heading to his blog right away
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:28 PM   #2160
diyAudio Member

@Grief, I contacted Allelectronics and asked about the unloaded voltage of the catalog# "ACTX-1620" PSU that sofaspud mentioned, since I'm interested in one or two, myself. I'll let you guys know what they say - it may be useful to others.

Also, aerohoff hasn't been responding to his thread or PMs for several days. Don't know what's up there. Just busy, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver View Post
Wicked, thanks for the heads-up.

Last edited by Cpl Clegg; 2nd March 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!