The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 142 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2011, 10:55 PM   #1411
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslpag View Post
Thanks for the info. I am not too worried about the output plug, that can easily be sorted out. I will get one and see how it goes as it is not so expensive.

Thanks again
Yep, you can always just cut the plug off and put on a 2.1mm if needed.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:01 AM   #1412
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp View Post
I'm getting 24V across C8 and C9.
Bugger, I guess that means being careful with those MOSFETs just isn't careful enough.
Just curious - which mosfets from those listed on the BOM did you use (which part numbers)?
Old 13th December 2011, 07:39 AM   #1413
timpert is offline timpert  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default interest in walkthrough?

Some days ago I announced that I would write a step-by-step walkthrough for the construction of the O2. Problem is, I got sick and now I have some catching up to do with other things. Given the lukewarm response to my initial announcement, I am now in doubt if I should continue making the walkthrough or not. If there's sufficient interest in it, I will finish it in a while, if not, I will simply abandon my current effort and move on to other things. Just let me know.
Old 13th December 2011, 09:18 AM   #1414
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslpag View Post
I am having a nightmare trying to find a power supplier for the O2 here in the UK. I have found this, would it work for the UK?
Oslpag, I'm using this ac-ac multi-voltage adaptor from Maplin [it's the one listed in the BOM], measures just over 17v unloaded when set to 15vac out.

Paul
Old 13th December 2011, 09:24 AM   #1415
oslpag is offline oslpag  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildMeSomething View Post
Oslpag, I'm using this ac-ac multi-voltage adaptor from Maplin [it's the one listed in the BOM], measures just over 17v unloaded when set to 15vac out.

Paul
Thanks Paul, don't know how I missed that one?
Old 13th December 2011, 09:34 AM   #1416
Limp is offline Limp  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agdr View Post
Just curious - which mosfets from those listed on the BOM did you use (which part numbers)?
FQU17P06 for Pch and the Nch says FQPF10N20C. It's what was supplied with Jokeners kit.
I have now replaced both MOSFETs and all tests seem ok. I get ~250mV on the Low Voltage Shutdown test, but there is still very loud 'pop' when I turn it on.

Last edited by Limp; 13th December 2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 13th December 2011, 01:29 PM   #1417
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpert View Post
Some days ago I announced that I would write a step-by-step walkthrough for the construction of the O2. Problem is, I got sick and now I have some catching up to do with other things. Given the lukewarm response to my initial announcement, I am now in doubt if I should continue making the walkthrough or not. If there's sufficient interest in it, I will finish it in a while, if not, I will simply abandon my current effort and move on to other things. Just let me know.
I for one would be delighted by such a guide. I expect there are others but my feeling is that the majority may be lurkers unwilling to post. If you do decide to abandon it, would you instead consider a testing guide? Perhaps as a youtube video.
Old 13th December 2011, 01:53 PM   #1418
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDtheDOG View Post
Yes I do it very often, lock the direction of rotation against a solid block, or if I'm making something like this the end panels are small and get too hot to hold

I screw the end panels onto the case and hold the body of the case while I drill works a treat :-)

cheers
Great, thanks for that, Fredthedog. The Front Panel Express software has a print option that seems to work, to help us get the holes correctly positioned; although I had to modify the 'scale' option in the print dialog to 106.90% to get a perfect match.
Old 13th December 2011, 02:02 PM   #1419
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp View Post
FQU17P06 for Pch and the Nch says FQPF10N20C. It's what was supplied with Jokeners kit.
I have now replaced both MOSFETs and all tests seem ok. I get ~250mV on the Low Voltage Shutdown test, but there is still very loud 'pop' when I turn it on.
Thanks! Just curious about those. No ideas about the turn on pop though, unfortunately.
Old 13th December 2011, 02:05 PM   #1420
diyAudio Member

Anyone got any ideas on stenciling the markings on to a diy front panel? I'm currently thinking of using a common plastic stencil with a water based pen and then covering it with shellac or laquer. I did think of permanent marker but supposedly the alcohol in the shellac would make it smear. I'm also finding that permanent marker doesn't show up too well. I suspect water-based pen will be just as bad. Perhaps acrylic paint will be necessary.

Hide this!Advertise here!