headphone splicing help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all - new here, but hoping for some advice will really appreciate any help I can get.

So, I've got an aftermarket bluetooth speaker system for my motorcycle helmet so I can listen to tunes, etc. It works okay but I'm not happy with the speakers which press against my ears - after a few hours on the road it starts getting uncomfortable. I'd like to remove them and splice on some earbud style headphones in their place but don't know enough about audio electronics to know if that will work very well.

I have absolutely no technical specifications on the existing speakers (they're about 1-1/2 inches in diameter, 1/4 inch thick), so I realize that may make it hard to give good advice, but basically I'm concerned that if I splice earbuds on they will either be underdriven and the music won't be as loud or the sound quality will be a lot worse, or they'll be overdriven and again the sound will be lousy plus they'll get damaged.

It's not a tough job and wouldn't take me long to just try it and see but would prefer to get some advice before hacking up a system which does currently work.

Thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.