Repair help wanted for Realistic HP-100 Electrostatic Headphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need help finding a part to replace a 3.3 ohm PTH variable resistor. Is this a MOV, PTC, Thermistor? I do not know what a current replacement part would be.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

See pic:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 172
It is a PTC (positive temperature coefficent) thermistor, from the schematic here

AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Realistic HP-100 Eletrostat

which is post #13 in this thread

Realistic HP-100 Eletrostat - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

The third part down on this list from Mouser might be a good choice, without knowing the specifics of what is coming out of your speaker terminals. The rating is (3.3R) 60V and 4A, which should cover a lot of amps

Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor thermistor

95 cents and in stock...

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Murata/PTGL09AS3R3K4B51B0/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsFah5lC2HR3Vz%2fPXOufO9UcmBLKDCK%252bk0%3d

Suggestion: if it were me, I would buy two and replace the one on the other channel too. Since this one went the other probably won't be far behind (age), plus they will match.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.