Mosfet Headphone Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Headphone Amplifier for 32 ohm or more with TO92 mosfets, 100uF can be shorted if there is no DC offset on output (drains).

Attachments

• APEX Headphone Amp.jpg
    APEX Headphone Amp.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 4,010
Last edited:
Not only the stability, I have a question about the distortion. The basic principle of this topology is the current drawn by opAmp is proportional to the input signal, and the resistors in series of the opAmp power supply generate proportional bias for the output devices which drives the load.

By my question is, how accurate is the power drawn by the opAmp proportional to the input signal? If it is not accurate, then output drive is not proportional to input signal means heavy distortion?

Thanks,
Routhun

we will see,probably at monday...

Are you sure you really want to load a TL07x with 220 ohms?

--->...over 1k2 in both rails of supply? I don´t know much about theory but i will try. I beleve in APEX designes just because i have built four of his ampolifiers (Ax12, NX16, HV23, G100) and a few other things (dc-overload protect + clip psu,ne555 protect,A-class shunt 2 x 24V,regulated PSU10,) and know about many other that work just fine (SR200, F100, AX14, A75, D14, auto range VU and clip indicator...) . That was enough for me to trust in all other of his designes so in this one too. I will try it these days,my job and my private obligatons don´t give me enough time just to put it inside the Standard preamp and to conect it to a +/-12V (to try it) ,it is allready assembled. When i finish it,i will try it with headphones and use it with an amplifier connected to an output just for others to hear how the amp sounds on a regular preamp and than on this head-amp. I don´t know no other way for other to hear it...

NOT WITHOUT 47k POT!

I have tried it today,but i made a big mistake because i didn´t put 47k trim.pot as it is shown in a schematics. I haven´t payed enough attention and that cost me output fets BS170,resistance of 47k trim.pot works along with adjusting volume as a connection of a TL071 negative feedback to the ground,so there was a big dc-offset at the output and my capacitor got very hot and almost exploded,luckely i have noticed that in time. Than i put MPSA92 / 42 instead BS250/170 AND IT WORKED! It sounds just fine but BJT´s are also getting very hot because they get too much base voltage. To get it to work in a BJT regime i beleive that 1k2 resistors in a power rails should be replaced with smaller resistance,and 220R load with a larger resistance. That is something that i don´t know to do quite well so i will rather buy a new pair of BS170 and do it again. What it matters is that this thing works,and that i have found a mistake that i made. Hope no one will do it after my experience! :)

Attachments

• Slika362.jpg
    Slika362.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 495

Attachments

• Slika367.jpg
    Slika367.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Slika368.jpg
    Slika368.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Slika369.jpg
    Slika369.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 218
  • Slika370.jpg
    Slika370.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 195
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.