Best pots for headohone amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm designing a high-end Line level preamp that will have four tone controls, balance and volume pots. I'm wondering which pots will do the least damage, and be reliable over time? It's been suggested that nobody will know better than the headphone guys. I'm looking at the new TDK CP600 series (plastic element), the Audio Note pots (might be exactly the same thing), and some Noble pots (carbon element) that are apparently being discontinued. I heard a few bad things about the ALPS pots, so not sure about them. Any thoughts will be appreciated. :confused:

I'm using them in a line level preamp that will have passive tone control sections (james style (similar to Baxandall with out feedback)). I've gone ahead and ordered 5 of the TKD CP600 series pots (100K Log dual), and am trying to get the Noble AP25's as well, if I can find some (They've been discontinued). These appear to be the best out there, unless you want to use switched attenuators that shows the reactive circuit elements an impedance that is consistant with what a regular pot would show, which I believe is out of my price range (I'd want spec'd gold contacts as in how thick is the gold etc.).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.