Headphone amp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, I have just bought some senn HD600 headphones. I have the Audiolab 8000A amp, which has an output, obviously, but I really want to build my own headphone amp.
I am not looking to design my own circuit board etc (no where near that clued up :D), but want to know if there is a PCB available of a decent design that I can add all the components, sockets, volume, box etc.
I am failry handy with me soldering iron and have spent the last few months upgrading my cd player and amp (basically mind you, just adding new caps sockets etc)
I want a real top end amp but on a budget, something that is not going to be out of my league, technically or financially, but something that maybe already exists in PCB form that all i have to do is source the parts.
I hope that makes one ounce of sense :eek:
:D:D
I have a btec 928 at the moment which I was considering upgrading, but not sure that its worth it, had a quick listen and the audiolabs own headphone amp is way ahead in sound quality terms.

What do you think :xfingers:

The cMoyBB is a great little amp. The PCB is 5 dollars, the parts are probably less than 30 dollars and paired with a headphone that is moderately easy to drive, such as the Porta Pros or SR60s, terribly fun to listen to.

I'm looking for a new headphone amp project, preferably two channel and non-tube, and I recalled how much fun the little cMoyBB was when I got started.

hi guys, I actually ended up building the AMB M3 amp, and its gorgeous, wasnt cheap but well worth every penny.

Some pics here to see of the completed project:

CIMG7151.jpg

CIMG7152.jpg

CIMG7158.jpg

CIMG7161.jpg

I second that... very nice :)

cheers mooly, I had the panels laser cut (friend in the business) but I designed and sprayed them myself, and was quite chuffed with the overall finish. After they dried for a few days I used a light polish (Autoglym) abrasive to remove the light marks that you get when hand spraying in the shed :)
the box is a hammond one that (using my daughters spatula from her toy oven, which made the perfect vent hole design) i simply sprayed the lids and drilled the vents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.