headphones on TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I'm new around here and looking for advice, please.

I have a Toshiba TV/DVD player, mounted on a fixed bracket. It has one SCART connector and one stereo headpone connector on the back. Putting a plug in the h/p jack cuts off the internal speakers.

I want to be able to listen either to the internal speakers or through headphones, without taking the set off the wall and re-plugging. So, I wired up a scart plug and connected the audio outputs (pins 1,3,4)to my cordless headphone driver, works a treat. The constant audio output allows me to vary the volume using the h/p control, and I can mute the speakers with the remote. This is OK when viewing TV, but if I put in a DVD, the screen shows the DVD scene, but the scart audio output is still the TV channel. Doh!!

Does anyone know how to source the DVD audio?? Thanks in hope!!

hedphones on TV

Hi Beejay2
if you want listen audio from DVD you must connect audio output from DVD player to your headphone system but probably in this case you have not an adeguate volume level, much better if you use an headphone amplifier with 2 input, one for TV and one for DVD.
Hope this help.
Cheers.. MArco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.