Best portable amplifier headphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey..

Im thinking of making best portable headphone amplifier.

voltage source - 4X9v. or 24 pieces AA Ni-ZN 1,6V.

wich would you recomend..

the ohm value of the headset's is 5 ohm (Beyedynamic DT-48) and go 600 oms. And i use AKG K340, 2-way vintage ESL headphones, and proprietary orthodynamic PAD, drivers 70 mm. Very hard in load.
Source is a PC (soundcard Prodigy HD2), mobilephone Motorola E8, and Iriver MP-900. In future very good portable source - Cataphonic.

any help..

RCA female, WBT WBT-0210 silver, 148 $, and XLR female, Furutech CF-602F Carbon 144 $
Volume control -
1)LDR, basis on OPC271.
or 2)Glasshouse Seiden Stepped attenuator (43 step version) Hifi Collective £522.50

Please, Advice on this subject, which is better, what the scheme, which lamp or transistors.

As built in 2004.

x1p4duNwsPlMCwNx_FoL1hZMDXM56Teubkm4LJ2Nhfhy2kbNAQrPxDZCrtlPNZKKH8Lhql2Ipi-KU3L-y5Lp69eU9yGqLQzNxlAxS5JZAjpKek

yeah man, even for me (and you know me and my portable rigs lil'knight) this is insane and cannot even approach portable haha stepped attenuators or LDR volume for portable is funny, even for the largest battery this is a silly waste of power and tubes portable is just as crazy, the microphonics will destroy any SQ you get.

I think this must be a joke. I have built my own transportable buffalo II dac/headamp, but the iriver plus this is still quite easy to carry with most bulk being in the battery pack.

just the connectors and volume control for this are larger

Hey..

RCA female, WBT WBT-0210 silver, 148 $, and XLR female, Furutech CF-602F Carbon 144 $
Volume control -
1)LDR, basis on OPC271.
or 2)Glasshouse Seiden Stepped attenuator (43 step version) Hifi Collective £522.50

Please, Advice on this subject, which is better, what the scheme, which lamp or transistors.

If you are going to build it, why use RCA? You can get LEMO connectors for much less than the WBT RCA and it is a much better connector. I just read a review of $25,000 interconnects in the most recent stereophile, and it is hilarious that anyone would spend that much and still use RCA's.

What is your planned source? If you are going to spend $1000 on parts for a portable headphone amplifier, what portable source are you intending to use? What headphones? I think that in the portable listening environment you are pricing yourself into the realm of diminished returns. I get pretty solid sound from my G4 imodded ipod, AMB Mini3 and Westone UM3X's.

-Aaron.

If you are going to build it, why use RCA? You can get LEMO connectors for much less than the WBT RCA and it is a much better connector. I just read a review of $25,000 interconnects in the most recent stereophile, and it is hilarious that anyone would spend that much and still use RCA's.

What is your planned source? If you are going to spend $1000 on parts for a portable headphone amplifier, what portable source are you intending to use? What headphones? I think that in the portable listening environment you are pricing yourself into the realm of diminished returns. I get pretty solid sound from my G4 imodded ipod, AMB Mini3 and Westone UM3X's.

-Aaron.
AKG K340, 2-way vintage ESL headphones, and proprietary orthodynamic PAD, drivers 70 mm.
In future very good portable source - Cataphonic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.