"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 99 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2011, 11:21 PM   #981
diyAudio Member

Hi Owen,
Payment sent and the instructions are clear and easy to understand.
Thanks again it must take so much of your personal time to arrange a GB.
Thanks, cant wait to built this sucker.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:39 AM   #982
diyAudio Member

Darn, why do I keep missing out! ha.

Hey MaHo, get working on that Boulton
Old 1st December 2011, 04:00 AM   #983
palchiu is offline palchiu  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Hi Owen,

Payment sent!

Thanks you!
Old 1st December 2011, 08:08 AM   #984
rellum is offline rellum  France
diyAudio Member

Hi OWEN,

Payment sent.
Hope I've done it right...

All the Best,
Francis
Old 1st December 2011, 03:11 PM   #985
konga is offline konga  United States
diyAudio Member

Miss it yet again! 3rd times the charm I guess
Old 2nd December 2011, 03:49 AM   #986
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

The vast majority of people I sent payment requests to have paid, and I very much appreciate the prompt response!

Pretty much everyone has also included the needed information in their order, and again, thank you all for co-operating.

I've posted an updated list below with everything that has been shipped, all the payments that have been received, and anyone who has added boards over the past few days.

While we're on the topic of that, here are some important updates:

1. The GB is now entirely closed. This includes people who give up their boards from here on in. It's getting too difficult to keep tracks of order changes and people jumping in, so from now on, absolutely no order changes or additions!

2. When the dust settles at the end, I will take stock of what is left and offer it up for sale in a separate list.

3. The wonderful Nichicon FP caps are on back order and should be here next week. This is preventing me from shipping out any kits until they arrive since they are on every single board. On that note, kits will start shipping out mid week next week. I apologize for the delay, but my hands are tied on this one.

4. SE-SE boards will also arrive sometime next week, so anyone with an order that includes those boards will likely not ship out until the end of next week.

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The Wire - DEC 01.pdf (59.2 KB, 179 views)
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:38 AM   #987
diyAudio Member

Owen, thanks for the latest update. This is going to make for one nice Christmas present to my self

What size stand-off's have you been using? I'll need to get some when I order a transformer and volume pot.

Paul
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:21 PM   #988
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Paul,

The standoff size depends on the amplifier in question. For the BAL-BAL version you'll need 0.5" standoffs so that the buffers and heatsinks on the bottom of the board have clearance. For all other amps, you can use 1/4" standoffs to get the height down, but you'll have to be careful with screm selection since that doesn't leave a whole lot if threads for two screws to share.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 3rd December 2011, 03:00 PM   #989
diyAudio Member

Thanks Owen, so about 1/4" [6mm] for the se-se.

Paul
Old 3rd December 2011, 03:11 PM   #990
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks for the memories

Ah yes, screm selection! Nearly a lost art in the western U.S. :-)

I had to laugh at myself for not realizing immediately that you meant screw. That users all over the world can figure out the meaning of, and reply in such remarkably understandable English, is a testimonial to the desires of people everywhere to share a common interest.

diyAudio remains one of the brightest spots now that I am "of full retardation age". Having your 'wire' to look forward to brings me back to my computer each morning with eager anticipation. Even qusp's general crankiness izAjoy :-)

Hide this!Advertise here!