"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 24 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2011, 03:58 AM   #231
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komigenie View Post
I got mu kit today ...

Whats wrong with this topic ?

Flammers and hijackers - OUT, start your own topic ...

Thanx Owen for your time to build Amp, and to put your time in this GB, I really apriciate ...
awesome, thanks its nice to know i'm not alone, that is unless you are tarring me witgh that brush, in which case p1ss off
Old 16th February 2011, 04:42 AM   #232
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
awesome, thanks its nice to know i'm not alone, that is unless you are tarring me witgh that brush, in which case p1ss off
Never deal with Aussies too much ... LoL

Last edited by komigenie; 16th February 2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 16th February 2011, 04:46 AM   #233
diyAudio Member

haha i guess you dont deal with aussies all that much, that is what is called facetiousness. in case you havent noticed i spent the last 2 pages basically saying what you said, then felt like i had to explain myself for saying it harshly, so please leave the attitude at the door mate. you yankies take yourself far too seriously sometimes, unless of courtse thats what i'm doing now and missing your sarcasm? interweb communication fail

Last edited by qusp; 16th February 2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 16th February 2011, 04:48 AM   #234
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
haha i guess you dont deal with aussies all that much, that is what is called facetiousness. in case you havent noticed i spent the last 2 pages basically saying what you said, then felt like i had to explain myself for saying it harshly
LoL - You are prolly right ... lemme edit last post ...
Old 16th February 2011, 01:55 PM   #235
diyAudio Member

hehe i thought so, dont worry, i've been known to react to something i perceive someone is saying without seeing too, humor and particularly dry humor is very difficult to pick sometimes if you arent expecting it, especially without catching the glint in my eye

but come on, do you really think the best i could do if i was really planning to insult you would be p1ss off?? pretty lame

build thread, build thread, build thread; keen for my pcbs to get here, i've just loaded my cart at mouser with what i can get, still need to grab the chips though as they dont stock the national parts strangely, is there a schematic around here somewhere? i'm not stuffing the psu, using my own and while ive built several of these type of supplies from owen from the D1 IV and have a good idea of which parts are from that and which would be from the amp, dont want to buy a heap of stuff i dont need. anyone done a bom that separates the 2? all i need is the schematic or the boards, but dont think the boards will get here tomorrow and need to hit send.

see you had one thing right, i do like the sound of my own voice sometimes.
Old 16th February 2011, 06:57 PM   #236
icewall is offline icewall  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Kit arrived today in a really cold northern part of Sweden. Looks nice and I can't wait to hear it finished. 
Old 16th February 2011, 07:57 PM   #237
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Please don't make me ask for another cleanup on this thread. Keep it on topic, or use PM's if you want to chat privately with one another. Before posting anything, ask:

"Will this benefit ALL users of this thread?"

If the answer is NO, then send it via PM or email.

On a positive note, I'm glad so many kits have already arrived. Keep the comments coming, and let me know when your kits do arrive.

L-Train:

Your comments are very much appreciated! I'm really glad the feedback has been so positive from those who have built it. It's also nice to get some confirmation of what I myself heard. I have my second amp running off my M-audio USB soundcard's balanced outputs, and it works very well in that setup.

antronx:

Please be patient... I'm sure it will get there in the next few days. These things do take time.

DualTriode:

I guess you've already found the NTD1 thread, so that will answer your question as to what I'm using for a source. That, and the above mentioned M-audio sound card.

I would say any good balanced source should do the trick, but it's likely that the performance will be limited by the source, and not by the amp.

Let me know what you end up using.

Semola:

I appreciate the work you put into that design, but what you're proposing isn't even in the same ballpark as what we're looking at here. On that note, you should definitely build it and try it, but as I said, if I do this again, then I'll probably be going with a bridged output and either two discrete input op-amps, or possibly that BB part dggs mentioned.

You should build what you have there and give it a try.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 17th February 2011, 03:19 AM   #238
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
Hi Guys,

Please don't make me ask for another cleanup on this thread. Keep it on topic,
<snip>
I have my second amp running off my M-audio USB soundcard's balanced outputs, and it works very well in that setup.

<snip>
DualTriode:

I guess you've already found the NTD1 thread, so that will answer your question as to what I'm using for a source. That, and the above mentioned M-audio sound card.

I would say any good balanced source should do the trick, but it's likely that the performance will be limited by the source, and not by the amp.

Let me know what you end up using.

<snip>

Cheers,
Owen
Hello Owen,
On topic I hope!
Yes I did find your NTD1 thread, good stuff. Too bad that I missed the boat.Thank You.
The first effort will be a balanced output E-MU 1212. I play with this stuff for Fun. I may even use “The Wire” to drive a push-pull tube amplifier for a few hours on a breadboard. I build em, play awhile and take them apart. I will not be taking “the Wire” apart that is a plus or minus to surface mounted tiny parts.
If you use a volume control other than the M-Audio software what do you use, what impedance works to drive “The Wire”?
DT
All just for fun!
Old 17th February 2011, 03:56 AM   #239
diyAudio Member

appologies, found the schematic on the first page, i had only thought it was the cad file for the pcb and didnt see you had attached the scheme in the same pdf.

happy to be back on topic; i realize although trying to help get back on topic i made a mess of my own in the process

DT given the nature of the amp i would think the inputz would be very high, so any sane outputz should work fine.

owen a quick question, i've noticed some rather new small 1206 size organic polymer caps, do you think these would work in place of the 4.7uf, or rather not instead of, i was thinking about soldering the ceramic 4.7 on the bottom and soldering a 47uf or 100uf stacked on top. they have impedance of 60mOhms for positions like c1, c4, c5, c6 etc

Last edited by qusp; 17th February 2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 17th February 2011, 05:06 AM   #240
diyAudio Member

nvm, the only ones with high enough voltage rating are only 10-22uf

Hide this!Advertise here!