"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 126 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2012, 03:29 PM   #1251
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsin View Post
sigh......
hehe, yeah well if you look at the times on our posts, i was compiling my longish post while you posted that, wasnt there when i replied.

so i guess its time to start a new build thread? who wants to draft up a first post? given the thrtead will span a number of different boards there should be some posting guidelines. for example making sure to mention which board you are building so the thread isnt filled with posts asking which board

Last edited by qusp; 10th January 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10th January 2012, 03:43 PM   #1252
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Very much the CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
so i guess its time to start a new build thread? who wants to draft up a first post? given the thread will span a number of different boards there should be some posting guidelines. for example making sure to mention which board you are building so the thread isnt filled with posts asking which board
Where will the frankenwire section be located, sir?
Old 10th January 2012, 04:19 PM   #1253
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Where will the frankenwire section be located, sir?
file it under mutants...

...and their amplifiers
Old 10th January 2012, 04:23 PM   #1254
diyAudio Member

ROTFLMAO, qusp
Old 10th January 2012, 04:41 PM   #1255
diyAudio Member

After considering more seriously, Wolfsin wishes to negotiate standing outside the mutant category for SE-BRGD (even if he, himself remains :-)
Old 10th January 2012, 10:21 PM   #1256
diyAudio Member

Question The Wire build question

I was just about to ask a build related question and here you all are talking about starting a build specific thread for The Wire(s)...

Though I'd love to make the inaugural questioning post of said thread, it is rather basic (and quite shamefully shows my lack of knowledge in the fundamentals of electonics etc.)

So I'll ask it here in a hope that it will be answered, and that we can all move on to better things once everyone has stopped laughing

Question; on the psu board, which way round do you connect the secondery wiring (being Vsec & 0V) from the triodal transformer? See pic with AC inputs labled 1-4 for easy identification by me...

Click the image to open in full size.

BTW... I did try looking at the pic's of posted builds so far, but the wiring to the psu is mostly obscured or done using the same coloured wire and hard to follow

Thanks

Paul.
Old 11th January 2012, 03:55 AM   #1257
diyAudio Member

it doesnt really matter, as long as both are the same. look at the diagram on your particular transformer and follow that. AC does not have a polarity so to speak, so as long as you wire up both secondaries the same i.e. 0-V 0-V or V-0 V-0 you'll be fine. i would go V-0-V-0, provided the left reg is the positive reg, if the left is the neg reg, i would go 0-V-0-V

Last edited by qusp; 11th January 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:12 PM   #1258
diyAudio Member

Default Toroidal hook-up

Thanks qusp, went with the 0-V-0-V and am happy to say the psu is working fine, nothing warm, hot or smoking so far Next is hooking up the amp and testing that... fingers crossed it all goes well.

Paul
Old 11th January 2012, 10:47 PM   #1259
diyAudio Member

Default SE-BRGD

Wolfsin has decided to (re)move the last vestiges of relevance from his commentary to blog format. Those interested in rework issues are a minority and since qusp wants to file them (along with yours truly) under mutants, Wolfsin took the DIY approach.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs...7-mutants.html

You can continue to look forward to the same (irrelevant, irreverant, foolish) comments but now they will be totally content free.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:58 PM   #1260
diyAudio Member

Quote:
You can continue to look forward to the same (irrelevant, irreverant, foolish) comments but now they will be totally content free.
The link ... it does not work

I've not used diyaudio blogs before but I wonder if perhaps there is a draft status where the link is only operational for the owner and a publish status where the rest of us get to enjoy vicariously!

Hide this!Advertise here!