"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2011, 01:23 AM   #111
N Brock is offline N Brock  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
Owen I hope you reconsider about offering kits.
+1
Old 10th January 2011, 07:42 AM   #112
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yes I understand why owen is doing this, the amount of people wanting just bards is quite high and some want just the amp board etc a total PITA. i'm making a digikey order right now for my parts, should I hang on and cover the opamps? i'll start a wiki to see what the numbers are if everyone agrees thats a good idea?
Old 10th January 2011, 08:17 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

just for the opamps, that is, its too much work for the amount of time I have on my hands to do full kits, where I can cover the chips and send them out fairly easily and postage will be cheap as can be sent as a letter
Old 10th January 2011, 08:23 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

Sure thing qusp!
Old 10th January 2011, 12:41 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

cool, OK i'll wait for a couple others to chime in, but I think its a good idea, better pricing available than DK too
Old 10th January 2011, 02:29 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Count me in for 2 boards and 2 kits.

Regards,
Samuel
Old 10th January 2011, 03:46 PM   #117
diyAudio Member

there arent any kits offered only boards, if you read the last couple of pages. I may help out with ordering the opamps and doing a GB there, but you will need to sort out the rest of the BOM yourself
Old 10th January 2011, 03:52 PM   #118
MrSlim is offline MrSlim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
there arent any kits offered only boards, if you read the last couple of pages. I may help out with ordering the opamps and doing a GB there, but you will need to sort out the rest of the BOM yourself
I was thinking of offering the same thing last night, it might make more sense for me to do it, being located in North America, to keep the postage costs down. (thinking of having them delivered to a UPS drop just across the border in the US, so I wouldn't have to pay the CDN taxes on everything, and then doing a quick mailout from there)

Last edited by MrSlim; 10th January 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:19 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I understood that maybe there wouldn't be kits available if the total amount (25) was not reached. That's 2 more right there, which means still 3 to go, which may be feasible.
But maybe I understood wrong (I'm french).
Anyway, if anyone would offer kits, I would be more than interested!
Old 10th January 2011, 05:27 PM   #120
IanAS is offline IanAS  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc View Post
For 50pcs of LME49600 you've got:

Newark = 6.98 each
Digikey = 9.47 each
Arrow = 6.53 each
Future = 6.90 each

Digikey's single part price is $11.56.
I might be interested in 4 LME49600 if you could be so kind and the price worked out right.

Digikey have taken about $1 off the price according to when I looked yesterday evening.

I'm in the UK. If the total price of four is more than £18 (about $26) there is 20% VAT and £10 (about $15.50) import duty for me to pay. This would make the price for four near enough to the UK price to not be worth the effort. Or indeed over the UK price. Do you to declare a price on the envelope? If so could you declare it at just under the threshold?

Currently the single price of these in the UK is about £11.40 or about $17.80.

Thanks,

Ian

Hide this!Advertise here!