"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 114 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th December 2011, 11:07 PM   #1131
diyAudio Member

Thanks OPC.
I have received my BAL/SE kit.

Very excited. This will be my first kit using 240volt and SMD parts. I was a little surprised just how little the resistors are! I think I'll need a magnifing glass for this one. I hope I don't stuff it up.

I am grateful so mnay people here are willing to help me out on this kit. I hope it will be straight forward but my electronics love affair was tainted early on when Ibuilt my first FM transmitter that of coure never worked. I don't know anyone who has successfully built one of those FM Bugs! Anyhoo time has moved on and I am going into this one with full confidence in my unability and desire to learn new skills.
Wish me luck!
Old 27th December 2011, 12:16 AM   #1132
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

It was an insanely busy and hectic couple of days leading up the the Christmas break, but I'm glad to say that absolutely every paid kit was shipped no later than the 22nd of December, so most people should be getting their kits in the next week or so!

I've attached an updated list with everything that has shipped, and I'll continue to update as I accept more payments and ship out more goodies.

The next step is the get the transistors in for the power amplifiers, and then I'll accept all the rest of the payments. This will happen over the next two weeks for sure.

null object:

You'll be fine! No need for luck. Just take your time and I'm confident it will go well.

I'm glad to hear it made it there safely!

Cheers,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parts List - DEC 26.pdf (60.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 27th December 2011, 01:04 AM   #1133
tonyrob is offline tonyrob  Canada
diyAudio Member

great job, Owen. My solder iron is ready.
Old 27th December 2011, 04:23 AM   #1134
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsin View Post
Listen up everybody, especially regal. I am, as qusp suggests, just having fun. These frankenwires are nothing more than an OT sideshow. My BAL-BAL is over the top, 'nuff said.
Well is was wishful thinking I guess, are there plains to make more PCB's? Is it allowed to share the cad files, I could have a few made and donate to DIYA, or if someone in good standing that has the time wants to do it. Obviously folks wanting to try these if we are hacking up the first set
Old 27th December 2011, 06:18 AM   #1135
diyAudio Member

Owen,
I never received a request for balance of payment , I pmed you but did not get a reply. I originally payed for Bal-Se and power supply but added 2 more power supplies and 2 amp kits. Let me know what I owe you and I will send it.

Bill
Old 27th December 2011, 10:19 AM   #1136
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

>>folks wanting to try these if we are hacking up the first set

I purchased the parts separately and had a power supply ready to go so was fortunate enough to be able to build the first BAL-BAL. While listening to that I began to contemplate how to use the single ended pcb's that required rework. I think 'hacking up the first set' is not quite descriptive of what is happening. There will never be more boards requiring rework made when perfect boards could be etched as easily. I think opc has hit a home run but may be exhausted by his performance.
Old 27th December 2011, 10:43 AM   #1137
palchiu is offline palchiu  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Thanks you OPC!

Received my kits.

Iron is ready
Old 27th December 2011, 12:47 PM   #1138
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsin View Post
>>folks wanting to try these if we are hacking up the first set

I purchased the parts separately and had a power supply ready to go so was fortunate enough to be able to build the first BAL-BAL. While listening to that I began to contemplate how to use the single ended pcb's that required rework. I think 'hacking up the first set' is not quite descriptive of what is happening. There will never be more boards requiring rework made when perfect boards could be etched as easily. I think opc has hit a home run but may be exhausted by his performance.
I've hacked plenty boards and say that as a positive. But are there plans to have more boards made in the various configs ?
Old 27th December 2011, 01:03 PM   #1139
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yeah but i think you missed that they werent being hacked up, there was a mistake on a run of the SE-SE boards from this run so just those pcbs needed to be rerun and as a result there were a heap of boards that were made available at $2 a throw because they needed rework to be usable, so we all snapped them up in less than a day i think!!

i dont see there being another run any time soon; given this is already a rerun with an update and variation. opc will need a break after all this and then hes got the rerun of the NTD1 (hint hint) he couldnt have foreseen the popularity of the headamps and power amps and i'm sure he'll be glad to see the back of it for a while.

how did you miss this one btw? there was plenty of time and leadup, then there were more boards than expected so it was reopened, then those sold out too
Old 27th December 2011, 02:06 PM   #1140
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post

how did you miss this one btw? there was plenty of time and leadup, then there were more boards than expected so it was reopened, then those sold out too
My wife was ill for a while, didn't have much time to research. Luckily she is in good recovery. Hopefully opc is open to letting someone else make a batch of boards for DIYA donations if he is under time restaint.Thanks for the info /history. I read the first page and it is quite a design, but as you said probably not a good idea to perfboard.

Hide this!Advertise here!