"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 100 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2011, 03:46 PM   #991
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

just who the hell are you calling cranky mutha!! A#@$^ le Basta$# is this the thanks i get co#$&^ad

Old 3rd December 2011, 04:03 PM   #992
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

ROTFLMAO, cusp!
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:04 PM   #993
diyAudio Member

I mean qusp :-)
Old 3rd December 2011, 04:36 PM   #994
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ah yes, screm selection! Nearly a lost art in the western U.S. :-)
Oops! The "m" key is nowhere near the "w" key so I'm not sure how that happened! For the record, it was "screw"

Quote:
I had to laugh at myself for not realizing immediately that you meant screw. That users all over the world can figure out the meaning of, and reply in such remarkably understandable English, is a testimonial to the desires of people everywhere to share a common interest.
I couldn't agree with you more. I consider myself exceedingly lucky that my default language is English. The effort put forth here by people to adopt a completely foreign language in order to discuss audio will never cease to amaze me. My utmost respect goes out to everyone here who puts the effort forth to communicate so well in a language that is not their own.

Cheers,
Owen
Old 3rd December 2011, 05:09 PM   #995
diyAudio Member

and those who speak it natively often do their best to disfigure it =) reference my post above.

actually many speak better english than the natives

lucky you corrected yourself there wolfsin!! i was about to open a can of expletives for being one of those people whos brain wont let them use qu without a vowel after it. replacing with c happens all the time and it really winds me up lol

grumpy? me?

Last edited by qusp; 3rd December 2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 3rd December 2011, 06:28 PM   #996
diyAudio Member

Default How time flies

Wolfsin cannot re-member paying so little to become a member of anything that would admit him and having sooooo much fun. At age 11 he purchased his first transistor, a CK722 from Raytheon. For the pricey sum of $3.50 (a fortune at the time for an 11 year old) he joined the NULL club. He soon learned to not even talk about it!

Through the majic of the internet and literally billions and billions of transistors I get to build audio devices that sound "even better" than that produced by a CK722 almost sixty years ago.
Old 4th December 2011, 08:07 PM   #997
diyAudio Member

Owen, payment sent to your account. Thanks for sharing your design to DIYaudio community.

Fred
Old 4th December 2011, 11:54 PM   #998
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

opc - I just realized that the pot in the power supply isn't on the parts list. What is a part number for that guy?

Thanks!
Old 5th December 2011, 06:16 AM   #999
GLooP is offline GLooP  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Owen - admirations for the great work!

I have my eyes on this amp for some time and I hope to build it some day. Meanwhile I'd like to ask if AD797 or LME47910 are direct drop-in replacements instead of the LME49990?

Thank you!
Old 5th December 2011, 07:31 AM   #1000
diyAudio Member

no, the AD797 will not like this circuit at all, so many people use this chip without knowing how. it needs to be heavily compensated to work properly at unity gain like the wire and there isnt facility on the board to do that, the noise reduction pin also isnt catered for and besides; why? its almost double the price and doesnt present any measurable advantage. being a big fan of the AD797 i can say that i prefer the lme49990 these days, the 49710 would be possible, but personally if swapping i would chose something like opa1641.

Hide this!Advertise here!