Buget Headphoneamp/Headphones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks!

I got the boards today (Mini3 and B22), Nice and fast delivery, 5 business days :D. A lot of the holes on the boards are quite small so it's become apparent to me that i need a new tip on my soldering iron, the old one is blunt and melting, Unfortunately my local electronics shop was closed so I was unable to pick that up today, hopefully they have a ST6. Although the electronics shop was closed, the Source was open (aka radio shack), and I picked up some 0.6mm silverbearing solder, I've read from a couple of guys on the form that it flows and works well.

Cheers! :trapper:

A tad little bit lower on the price range, I picked up some K271 mII. Absolutely love them. It took some getting used to, the Bose headphones are now clearly have too much base. Hopfully the ball will get rolling on the ASPEN headphone amp, Otherwise I'll go we a decent chip headphone amp.

Thanks!

I guess this is too late, but... Give the Sony 7506 phones a listen; they're part of Sony's pro line so try music stores or someplace like Commercial Electronics. 63 ohms impedance, which isn't as punishing as the 24 ohms of the 7509/V900 'phones. The V6/7506 may sound better than the more expensive 7509. If you have a chance, give them a listen too. My impression of the V900 was that they were bass-heavy, almost muddy. But, several co-workers that gave them a listen went out and bought a pair. They (V900) are very comfortable (over the ear), but don't provide as much isolation as you might expect. They fold up, which the 7506 doesn't. (By the way, the cheap V900 'phones on eBay and elsewhere are poor quality fakes.)

http://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=products&ProductsID=529

Last edited:
Yep, I'm droping by Long and mquade to bring them back, It's nice they have a 30 day trial period. Although, I didn't really have a chance to listen to any of the headphones in the store due to the shrink wrap... damn shrinkwrap :p

I might drop by my other super large music store to see what they have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.