Have you seen this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
00940 you know that it is not 'top-end', but it does offer another schematic for the library of those new to investigating headphone amplifiers. It also demonstrates a nice clean enclosure and provides engineering drawings of the end plates as examples. Also, the construction photographs may be quite useful for those new to projects.

So not the ultimate, but may be helpful to some people.

Last edited:
Well, maybe I was a bit harsh. Still, it's a bit of a shame to use such expensive opamps, resistors and caps in a sub-optimal configuration.

I would at least do some simple mods: jumper the output caps (and caps in the feedback path, if my math is correct, DC offset should be under 5mV), reduce in value or jumper the resistor at the output.

I'm a bit puzzled by the use of the lm2940 when you're using a good old 7912 on the negative rail. I also don't see the point to burn 10ma just to bias the 1n4148 in the ccs.

The physical implementation is really nice though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.