sub micro tubes for a portable headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for recommendations for submicro tubes that could be used for portable application. Something along the lines of the 6418 pentode which has a max plate voltage of 30V and a filament supply of 1.2V. If this is the best option, so be it but I wanted to see if there were any others that might fit the bill too.

..dB

I found a great site with useful information on these submini tubes. Now I need to play with some plate curves to see what is practical.

I was initially going to go the simple chip hybrid route but I saw these tiny audio transformers and that got me thinking about other possibilities. I will have to see if this actually leads anywhere but it might be fun.

Finally , all this submini thinking forced me to dig out an old "back burner" project ( and the fact that I stumbled upon it while clearing out my parts bin ) , so I quickly cased it up today - it is unfortunately not low voltage but runs on a B+ of 160V, dual rails for the discrete buffer are + - 18V and heaters run in series for 12.6V. Not quite ready to fire up and listen but I did test the individual units to make sure they were working electrically.

A few images.

ministacker005.jpg

ministacker009.jpg

..dB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.