Feedback on simple amp design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I've been intrigued about all these three channel headphone amps which have been popping up for a while now so thought I'd design a simple one to see what all the fuss is about.

The design is a very simple DC coupled, non-inverting amplifier with a constant current source follower output. It is intended to drive a pair of Grado's, hence the relatively low operating voltage. The power supply has already been built and can supply +/-9V at up to ~600mA.

I've thrown the schematic into PSPICE and the results look usable, but I'm never too trusting of SPICE so thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone could see any major flaws or areas for dramatic, but simple improvements.

I've already started building the amp but its currently in the stage where modifications are still easy to make.

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments

• SOMA.GIF
    SOMA.GIF
    12 KB · Views: 143
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.