Marantz CD6000 KI - problem between headphone out and phono - any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have just bought a Marantz CD 6000 KI edition CD player which sounds great through the headphone socket but has no output from the left phono socket. I took off the lid in the hope that it was a loose lead but there is nothing obvious wrong to the eye. Does anyone have a pointer as to where to look next or is this likely to be in need of a repair shop!?

Cheers

Al

The loose lead

Life would be so easy if everything was a loose lead...:rolleyes:
Al, I suppose it's a used cd-player, isn't it?
Maby the guy that had it used those "high-end" cables with "high-end" plugs that you have to make brutal force to plug in.
Those plugs make good contact, no doubt, but sooner or later you'll have a broken female or a cracked solder joint on the circuit.
First thing you can try is to re-solder the female RCA plugs under the circuit.
Maby that's the problem.

Hi

Encouraged by carlosfm I took the circuit board out and resoldered the phono connectors on the board - I also made sure there was continuity between the board connections and the phono sockets - unfortunately this hasn't fixed the problem (thank you carlosfm anyway)

Apologies ergo but could you give me a bit more detail on where exactly to look for a signal as I am not very wise on matters electronics - can I look for a signal with a multimeter/voltmeter or do I need more sophisticated equipment.

Cheers

Al

there has to be an output signal on pin 1 and pin 7 of IC 7235 (type NJM4556) for L and R channelo correspondingly.

You can check it with DMM if you have one with analog bar. Digital number is not fast enough. Or if you can play back some sinus test signal (any freq between 20 and 1000Hz) then you can also check the presence of the signal. It should be about 2V AC.

If the signal is missing on either of these pins then check pins 3 and 5. These are the opamp inputs. If signal is present here then you have a dead opamp in your hands.....

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.