My Portable Wireless Headphone Amplifier & DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My design, using 2.4GHz digital AUDIO wireless modules, the working distance of 328 feet, 3 Li-ion battery. And converted into a negative 12V. JFET + MOSFET amplifier. DAC with WM8740. Test results:
1.THD at 5 V peak: 0.005%(300ohm load 1kHz)
2.S/N : >86dB

Pls comment, thank !

Attachments

• TX_PCB1.jpg
    TX_PCB1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 695
  • RX_PCB_TOP1.jpg
    RX_PCB_TOP1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 638
  • RX_PCB_BOM1.jpg
    RX_PCB_BOM1.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 601
You kidding? This looks awesome!
I only wish there was more stuff flike this around, they're as rare as hens teeth.

Preferably with better quality analogue-out and a built-in DSP for remixing Dolby formats & the like (using HRTF or better) into a format that sounds realistic when outputted to stereo headphones!

The only other notable one around is that 'kleer-based' adapter from SleekAudio. But it doesn't have a DSP, it's DAC aint that special, & they lock you into their freakin headphones! Grrrr

pcomliu modify yours to do what I suggested above & I guarantee it'll sell like mad. The market's crying out for it! Don't compromise on quality and people will knock your door down!

Use 900MHz instead. Don't have it compete for bandwidth with 802.11 devices.

Yeah it is a little steep...
But if you look at the actual specs, what it does, and considering the available competition, then I guess its not that bad.
Still I wouldn't pay that much without:

_________
Transmitter
1) Takes optical-in
2) Transmits via 802.11G (or some proprietary cousin)
_______
Receiver
1) Has a DSP which can remix Dolby content (or similar) using HRTF (or similar) into a format that makes it sound like proper positional audio when outputted to stereo.
2) Has a high quality DAC for stereo-out ...
3) Has a standard headphone jack
4) Is powered by an easily rechargeable Li-On battery.
5) Is compact & provides some means to make it mountable in creative ways.

Last edited:
You kidding? This looks awesome!
I only wish there was more stuff flike this around, they're as rare as hens teeth.

Preferably with better quality analogue-out and a built-in DSP for remixing Dolby formats & the like (using HRTF or better) into a format that sounds realistic when outputted to stereo headphones!

The only other notable one around is that 'kleer-based' adapter from SleekAudio. But it doesn't have a DSP, it's DAC aint that special, & they lock you into their freakin headphones! Grrrr

pcomliu modify yours to do what I suggested above & I guarantee it'll sell like mad. The market's crying out for it! Don't compromise on quality and people will knock your door down!

Thank you for your suggestions, I am working hard.

Yes if you create the following I will buy immediately! :D
There is nothing on the market, NOTHING

_________
Transmitter
1) Takes optical-in
2) Transmits via 802.11G (or some proprietary cousin)
_______
Receiver
1) Has a DSP which can remix Dolby content (or similar) using HRTF (or similar) into a format that makes it sound like proper positional audio when outputted to stereo.

Yes if you design & build this I will buy it immediately! :D
Currently there is nothing like it in the market, "NOTHING".

_________
Transmitter
1) Takes optical-in
2) Transmits via 802.11G (or a proprietary cousin)
_______
Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.