My Portable Wireless Headphone Amplifier & DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hmm give me wires anyday, I use a portable amp and I would need to put it at the other end with the reciever, meaning I would have to carry 2 lumps instead of the current 1 largish lump.

my setup is iriver iHP132CF->optical->modified ibasso D10 as dac only->FiQuest w AD797 and discrete diamond buffered output->recabled JH13 customs

Last edited:
RS180 Digital In Mod????

I too have just bought some RS180s and they are sounding great when fed from Airport Express. Has anyone investigated moding the Rs180 transmiter to take a digital input. It would be really cool to stay lossless digital all the way from source to the headphones :D

I think it is comparatively easy to design an amp that will drive 300R headphones well, when compared to driving very low impedance headphones with multiple drivers its a walk in the park and this is the sort of headphones that the majority of your target market is using. linear response into lo Z multi-drivers and I would take another look

V.low impedance with multiples drivers?
What market are you thinking about, Gamers?

I reckon there's many folk who listen to Music, TV or Movies that want exactly this sort of device.*
There is after-all more to it than just it's amp.

*not necessarily this particular device, but it's not far off the mark imo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.