Bass amp for Headphone ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Just looking for some ideas on how to run a bass amp. I used to play bass a bit in high school and want to get back into. Though now im married and have to keep the noise down.

So i was thinking i would be able to build a small amp to play through into a good set of head phones. I would also like to be able to plug my Ipod in over the top to play along.

Is something like this possible? does any one else do something similar? or is this completely wishful thinking?

Thanks Glenn

Glenn-
I don't know if you are looking for a diy project, but...
If you just want to play bass, a good option would be something like the Korg PX3B, which I used when I was learning bass a number of years ago. It sounds like a real bass (not a bass played through a hifi headphone amp) and has effects, tuner, metronome, etc etc built in as well. It's the size of a cassette tape box. It also has an AUX IN for playing along with recorded music.

I think Korg has a newer version available these days.

If you decide you want a PX3B, drop me an email/pm. I don't use mine anymore- actually I never used it enough to get any good on bass- and would be willing to sell it or trade for some audio/electronics parts.
Cheap.

Cheers
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.