headphone amplifier = tube + mosfet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pic's no2.
tube part without coupling cap's...

Attachments

• p6220181_resize.jpg
    p6220181_resize.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 481
i mean - this is very strange - 100uF is not enough as a coupling capacitor...
when i was using only a buffer (without the tube part) the frequency range was perfectly o.k.... now.. it is not enough - what is happening there???

it seems like the input resistance of the buffer is a lot lower than it should be......
???
ohhh... btw - i just remebered..... i have a capacitor over a cathode resistor of the tube - it is 220uF capacitor - i have to check if that one is big enough...

oh yes... it was sooo dead....
:dead:
buffer was dead - i assume that the tube burned the mosfet because i didn't put any zener diodes between gate and source... idiot....:bigeyes:
anyway.. i tried 12B4 part alone .. it drives the headphones like a charm - no problem ... 20mA, Ug=10V, Up=106V.... perfect... sound is powerfull and detailed... very clear... i will remove the buffer for now and make it with 12B4 only.... it works nice....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.