Has anybody made an ELS headphone? - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2012, 05:09 PM   #411
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
Willing to make a set ? You are very good at this and me trying to reproduce it would be quite an effort.

I have amp designs on file already. Would be a most interesting adventure.
A lot of people have been asking me to make the kits, but I just don't have enough time to make them. I'm so sorry.

Wachara C.
Old 23rd May 2012, 05:11 PM   #412
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlevoice View Post
Hi again,

Just out of curiosity - any of you made a single-ended headphone, i.e. with only one stator (could be with two stators but only one of them connected to the output signal)? I know that theoretically it's less optimal (due to varying electric fields when the membrane moves, I understand) but any of you tried it in practice? It would allow for a single-ended amp ....

Best regards,

Jesper

Hi Jasper,

Even though I haven't tried it, but I figure that the efficiency will be very low.

Wachara C.
Old 23rd May 2012, 05:11 PM   #413
Mark Kravchenko --- www.kravchenko-audio.com
diyAudio Member

Fair enough. If you don't ask you don't get an answer.
Old 23rd May 2012, 05:24 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsettawong View Post
Hi Jasper,

Even though I haven't tried it, but I figure that the efficiency will be very low.

Wachara C.
Hi Wachara,

Thanks for replying ;-) I'm wondering though - since the membrane is very, very close to the stator I would assume that the drop in the electric field at the place(s) where the membrane moves would be very, very little ... Yet the extra stator adds the double voltage (on the other side of "zero") so might it be that the efficiency loss is 6 dBs (=20*log½)?

Any of you have insights on this?

Greetings,

Jesper
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:45 PM   #415
diyAudio Member

Someone has done one stator double diaphragms design and feed it with single ended signal. I think it's an interesting design and I might try it in the future.

Wachara C.
Old 19th July 2012, 05:41 PM   #416
diyAudio Member

Default HE 90 size ...

Quote:
The driver has the same size as the famous Orpheus HE90. They sound really nice.
Hi again Chinsettawong,

Now I'm in the process of making a model of the stators for an ES headphone and would like to do make like the HE 90 stators you show in #407. You say that the stators you use are the same size as the ones in HE 90 .. Can you say what the dimensions of the active area is?

Greetings,

Jesper M.

Last edited by gentlevoice; 19th July 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 21st July 2012, 02:59 PM   #417
diyAudio Member

Oups .. a comment to #416 ... I would have written Wachara as your name instead of chinsettawong - sorry about that ...

Best regards,

Jesper
Old 21st July 2012, 06:17 PM   #418
diyAudio Member

The width and height of the stator are 74 cm and 114 cm. The active diaphragm's width and height are 60 cm and 100 cm.

Wachara C.
Old 21st July 2012, 08:08 PM   #419
diyAudio Member

Thanks Wachara ;-)

I wonder why they've chosen these proportions ... It looks like an ellipse & the proportion between height and width is close to the golden section proportions (1.618) ...

Just pondering.

Best wishes,

Jesper Mønsted
Old 18th September 2012, 04:05 PM   #420
diyAudio Member

Another pair of headphones is finished. This time I put some engravings on the wood.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!