My first (headphone) amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Took me a few hours to wire up this portable CMOY amp. Which is pretty fast seeing this was the first circuit I actualy put together. I guess I'm "proud" of it, though it seems nothing compared to some nice amps I've seen on these forums... I guess I'll improve with the next few amps I build.

It basicly follow the headwize.com article pretty strictly, using an OPA2132P (free sample), some cheap caps and cheap 5% tolerance resistors (though I hand-matched them and picked the closest ones). I've found a better source of components now, and my next amps will feature better parts (and maybe real PCB boards).

I must say it sounds much better than I expected, mainly using it with my MZ-900 minidisk player and my (semi-broken) Sennheiser MX300 headphones, though I plan on either getting some Grado SR225s or Sennheiser HD600 soon (most likely the HD600 as the Grado cans seem impossible to get around here).

Not everything is wired yet in all of these pictures (the amp is finished now, doesn't look that different).

A closeup:
amp_closeup.jpg

The board with some parts lying around:
amp_and_misc_stuff.jpg

My MD player sitting on top of the amp (the blue of the case is almost the same as my player):
amp_and_md.jpg

Why am I posting this? Just to share my joy of having built my first amp really :) Don't be too harsh on me... :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.