I have maked a Zen Headphone Amplifier Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have maked a Zen Headphone Amplifier Kit<PIC>

I configured the Zen in the following manner:

Power BOARD-
AC 22V/2, SAMWHA 10000Uf/35V as C1/C2.

AMP BOARD-
Wima MKT-2 4.7uF/100V as C2 and Ninchicon Golden-4 100uF/63V as C1/C3
NICHICON-2 2200Uf/40V as C6
MY homeland¡¯s matel RED series resistors
IRF610-4 Q1/Q2
C1815-2 as Q3
Gold-Plated RCA input jacks
ALPS BLUE volume
Original 3.5mm Jack output
:cool:

Another one is a Opamp-based Amp.What the circuit is consulted is COMY AMP .Power supply of a transformer AC12V X2.Op use a OP275.
This is it inside PIC.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Output of a old SONY D-135 cd-player.
The cable is a pair of Monster interlink400MKII.

Listen to sense OP amplifier voice fashionable, have passion relatively tentatively. But the sound disturbs , do not hear long.
ZEN make warm, balance stage,can very fine drive HD495 headphone of me, remedy tiny voice it .

Wait a moment I will put the inside picture of ZEN to , make a POST for the first time, thank everybody for paying close attention to :) :)

Sorry,I do a mistake :rolleyes: The Headphone Amplifier is by Chu Moy.
tortello,This is my ZEN inside,thank you maked this job : )I am don't made the muting timer and equalizer circuits .Please give me some advice about this.

If u can't see the image ,download the same Attach file.

Attachments

• zen-zen.jpg
    zen-zen.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,035
Hello Digi01,
I think that the equalizer is not mandatory at all, I've made it to tame the Grado 325's high frequency exuberance, but with other stuff - even with other headphones of the same brand - I don't use it.
The timer is useful if you employ low impedance headphones, which are quite sensitive, like mine: with yours this should not be a problem.
Consider that the original Grado RA-1 amplifier has a turn-on bump itself: I've measured a peak of about 3V!
They ensure that this does not damage the coils, but consider that the Grados with few millivolts do sing...
Congratulations again for your creation.

Marcello

Hi tortello,
I am about to build your amp as well and wanna skip the equalizer and the timer.
What about a regulator that slowly raises the voltage.
Would this especial circuit be enough against turn-on bumps?
You could just make the 10uF at the gate of the mosfet a lot bigger which should give a slow "turn-on"!?

Jens

Attachments

• p17-pwr.gif
    p17-pwr.gif
    10 KB · Views: 927
I spend a weekend on studying ExpressPCB (Ver3.2.0).This is my PCB file.There are mistakes please point out, I will correct it. Attach file include the pcb ,colorPDF file.

by the way.I english so poor,Meaning that sometimes expresses may misunderstand , I will make great efforts to improve own English level.

Attachments

• zen-headamp.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.