Please help me debug my Headphone Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Attached is the schematic I used.

My problem are:

1. Hissing with or without input signal.
2. Clicking when I turn the input signal's volume to 0.

Thanks.

Attachments

• tda2822 schematics.jpg
    tda2822 schematics.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 292
Hi,
Hissing may be from the source. Do you use PCB or a test board. You may check the signal path if its too long...
Adiditonally if you hear some 100Hz noise then that means you have a ground loop. Yhen you must check your GND connections.
And your "click" noise comes from a bad GND connection.
However, I afraid TBA2822 is not a suitable IC for headphone applications. Its not HI-FI, it has a fixed gain which you will never need with headphones.
TDA1038 is a better alternative for that application. But I dont know if its still available or not.

Thanks guys.

I found my fault. Since I am prototyping, this is my second attempt actually, I failed to use separate grounding for the input. I fixed it and it is now working noice free. I also added 100 Ohm in series with my headphone so to avoid clipping.

You guys are right. TDA2822 is not for the job. It is better than my first prototype based on LM386. But both can't deliver hi quality sound.

I will work on my next prototype and I will consider your seggestions here.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.