ODAC - general and technical discussions - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Head 'n' HiFi - Walter

Head 'n' HiFi - Walter At Head 'n' HiFi we will provide you with the finest Audio equipment and parts for a reasonable price. We will also host Group Buys on request, this includes production of PCB's from our trusted manufacturer and sourcing of the parts at lowest prices. We also have manufacturers for enclosures and panels at hand. Once we host a project we will re-stock it frequently depending on demand, you will never miss out on a project again.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2012, 12:21 AM   #41
sorue is offline sorue  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Hmm I bought the fully assembled odac and am referring to that
Old 11th July 2012, 05:55 AM   #42
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorue View Post
Hmm I bought the fully assembled odac and am referring to that
why would you need screws for a fully assembled unit?
Old 11th July 2012, 07:17 AM   #43
sorue is offline sorue  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter View Post
why would you need screws for a fully assembled unit?
i want to remove the existing screws so i can do some DIY mods
Old 11th July 2012, 08:19 AM   #44
jambul is offline jambul  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi,

for the tenor chip, can we skipp the built in ldo for 1.8v and suply it externally?

regards
Old 11th July 2012, 10:45 PM   #45
4nradio is offline 4nradio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmax View Post
That O2 with the RCAs coming out at the back plus ODAC is looking sweet.
What type of RCA are those?
Sorry, but I cannot recall where I bought the RCAs. I just had a few gold plated ones in my electronics parts box. They may even be lowly Radio Shack jacks!

I don't plan to use the RCA line-outs very often though, so they will get extremely minimal use. I only installed them in case I want to listen to the ODAC through another amp (for instance, I was A-B'ing the ODAC vs. the Bifrost with a tube-rolled Lyr amplifier.
Old 5th August 2012, 09:05 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
I would like to have the O2 and the ODAC in the same case. I would also like a 6.3mm headphones output on the back (preferably on the back, on the front is OK). I would also like the option to add a pair of RCA connectors to the back (if possible) and bypass the ODAC. Say, if I have another DAC at the moment. I could skip this but it would be nice to have.

Also... Is it possible to move ALL connections to the back of the case and only have the volume knob and on/off switch on the front? I know that might cause problems with the front panel and/or back panel but I'm not afraid to drill my own holes if it's possible and maybe produce my own panels (but in wood).
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:38 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Dear Stefan, you have a big fault in your guide on how to connect the O2 to the ODAC.
http://www.headnhifi.com/components/...To_O2_ODAC.pdf

In the last picture at page three you have shown that the black wires go to the upper holes and the white to the lower ones. This is reversed and if you do it like the way in the guide you'll en up with mono sound because so have I.

Looking at this picture here
Click the image to open in full size.
It show the right way of doing it. If you want I can supply you with a new picture for your guide if you're not okay with "stealing" it from NwAvGuy's blog.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:21 PM   #48
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rullknufs View Post
Dear Stefan, you have a big fault in your guide on how to connect the O2 to the ODAC.
http://www.headnhifi.com/components/...To_O2_ODAC.pdf

In the last picture at page three you have shown that the black wires go to the upper holes and the white to the lower ones. This is reversed and if you do it like the way in the guide you'll en up with mono sound because so have I.

Looking at this picture here
Click the image to open in full size.
It show the right way of doing it. If you want I can supply you with a new picture for your guide if you're not okay with "stealing" it from NwAvGuy's blog.
Hi, thanks for pointing this out. I took the guide offline and will correct it.

Thanks, Stefan
Old 23rd August 2012, 07:41 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter View Post
Hi, thanks for pointing this out. I took the guide offline and will correct it.

Thanks, Stefan
I'm glad I can help
Old 1st October 2012, 04:01 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

Hi Stefan, have you noticed a long mute on the ODAC? I think Foobar closes the USB connection when you change tracks manually and the ODAC then mutes. To me the mute time is too long and I loose a couple of notes when the new track starts.

Have you seen any reference to changing the time constant of the mute circuit? I think you need to change C120 to something a lot smaller than 1uF. Maybe we need to ask the elusive NWAVGUY.Click the image to open in full size.

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!