• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ODAC - European and Worldwide pre-orders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fastest shippment ever...

The ODAC cases arrived on the 20th in Zurich already, just one day after they got shipped :) Picked them up during lunch break at the DHL facility.
I will start building your pre-orders tonight and send out the invoices tomorrow. Those who did not yet provide me an email address can be proactive now ;)

below a few pictures I just took

Attachments

• ODAC-RCA-BLK-Front.jpg
    ODAC-RCA-BLK-Front.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 413
  • ODAC-RCA-SIL-Front.jpg
    ODAC-RCA-SIL-Front.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 395
  • ODAC-RCA-back.jpg
    ODAC-RCA-back.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 395
  • ODAC-standalone.jpg
    ODAC-standalone.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 367
Hi vrillusions,

no nylon screw, but a simple M3x10 with two nuts and a washer will do, mounting it screw - O2 - nut - ODAC - washer - nut. The washer is important, as the nut might scratch the solder mask of the ODAC which could cause a short, no issue if you use the washer and a bit of care whilst assembling. The back panels are in stock and available in store, if you order an ODAC there just pick the option with the panel included, saves you a bit ;)

Stefan

Just wanted to follow up I got this past weekend and got it installed. Ran into a couple issues (not related to head n headfi in anyway). First I used the recommended network cable wires to connect it to the O2 but I think the wire I used, coming from cat6 and not cat5 it's higher quality which means thicker wires. Couldn't find any holes to pass all the wires through so ended up just going around the back so now it bulges a little bit but not too noticable. Also I was running into an issue where when it was completely in the battery area the left channel would go silent. Had electrical tape on battery contacts so it wasn't there. Turned out the solder leads were too long and scraping the solder mask on the O2. Some electrical tape to cover that up and trim the leads some more and it's good to go.

In the US finding metric screws + nuts that small was a little difficult. Ended up using 6x1/2" (I think). and found some nylon washers.

All that being said :) the odac + o2 works great. Can't wait till the ODA comes up and hopefully makes the form factor better and make it easier to connect the o2 and odac.

Hi, all paid for orders have been shipped out today, I will update the sheet with the tracking references tomorrow evening, am a bit tired now and still have some orders from the store that want to get shipped tomorrow morning.
The lady in the post office almost collapsed when I came to the counter with two huge bags full of parcels and told her Insured and signed for please :D took almost one and a half hours to get them all registered and labeled :)

Hi Stefan,
I amvery interested in your RCA verrsion of the ODAC. However, I am based in Singapore. Hence I would like to know the price for shipping here, if possible, and the estimated time for arrival.

I would also to ask if you offer alternative methods of payment (there is only much a 16-year old student with no credit card, and a dad fearful of Paypal can do). If you can accept other ways of payment (e.g. wire transfer), please PM me to discuss further. Feel free to delete this post if it is in the wrong thread.

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the offer, but I am perfectly all right with paying for shipping for such a small package ito quickly receive the ODAC in a couple of weeks. Simply put, if you are coming before end-November, I don't think I can meet up, because I'll be preparing and taking my national examinations (certainly I want to listen to sweet, sweet music while I am studying ;) Again, thanks for the kind offer. I'll just leave it at that, and bump my enquiry and this thread up.

Stefan,

Any updates on the shipping? Tracking number, perhaps? :)

Hi, moved your post over here, does not really fit in the general discussions thread. All tracking numbers have been updated in the tracking sheet, for the ones starting with "R" you need to go to Deutsche Post to track it. Once it says the shipment is in your country you should be able to track it on the singpost.com website.
All German orders can be tracked on www. dhl .de

Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.