Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Head 'n' HiFi - Walter

Head 'n' HiFi - Walter At Head 'n' HiFi we will provide you with the finest Audio equipment and parts for a reasonable price. We will also host Group Buys on request, this includes production of PCB's from our trusted manufacturer and sourcing of the parts at lowest prices. We also have manufacturers for enclosures and panels at hand. Once we host a project we will re-stock it frequently depending on demand, you will never miss out on a project again.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2012, 02:28 PM   #191
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rullknufs View Post
How important is it to clean the back of the board to remove flux residues?
This depends on the type of solder used. Flux residue from rosin core, and especially water soluble solders, should absolutely be cleaned. Although the board may work without cleaning, flux residue from these solders can cause undesirable parasitics between unexpected circuit paths. Sometimes the effect goes unoticed. Other times it severely impacts performance or causes strange problems (unstable and/or overheating IC's).

If you used a no-clean solder, there's no need to clean the board. But you probably didn't use a no-clean solder if you're asking.
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:42 AM   #192
diyAudio Member

Hi Stefan,

My name is Tomas, and I have ordered an ODAC past 15th July (Order no. 00197).

Three weeks ago, you said that you will send a new device from Germany at 15th August.

I have not get anything yet and I don't know if you have done a new send.

Regards,

Tomas.
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:47 AM   #193
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samotc View Post
Hi Stefan,

My name is Tomas, and I have ordered an ODAC past 15th July (Order no. 00197).

Three weeks ago, you said that you will send a new device from Germany at 15th August.

I have not get anything yet and I don't know if you have done a new send.

Regards,

Tomas.
Hi Tomas,

sorry to hear that you still did not receive your order, I will check for the tracking reference once back at home and let you know by mail.

best Regards, Stefan
Old 3rd September 2012, 08:29 PM   #194
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Default I messed up...

I thought the rest of the forum can know as well, I missed to send out above order for Tomas.
I sincerely apologize for this mess up on my side and will see to it that he will get his ODAC at the soonest.

Sorry Tomas...

Best Regards, Stefan
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:24 PM   #195
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

Is there a reasonable way to convert this to balanced output?
Old 4th September 2012, 10:43 AM   #196
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
Is there a reasonable way to convert this to balanced output?
To quote one of the designers:

'Reasonable'.. no.** you might point the fellow to NwAvGuy's latest blog after loading a few times there are some questions and comments on the value of balanced output.

Stefan
Old 4th September 2012, 01:10 PM   #197
cab is offline cab
diyAudio Member

my amp (ncore) is being used with balanced only inputs. I need a dac with balanced output. It isn't a question of value.
Old 7th September 2012, 04:32 PM   #198
diyAudio Member

Hi Stefan,

Received my Odac and Objective headphone amp both standalone earlier this week. (Order Nr 00000296). The headphone amp is working properly however the ODAC is giving me problems.
Tried on iMac, Windows Laptop (lenovo) and in both cases only get garbled sound, very distorted.
On the mac tried with Audirvana + player as well as iTunes and on the Laptop tried with Youtube movies also getting the same result. I can hear the music but distorted with lots of static in between the audio.
Further tested with different cables, different ports etc.

My other 2 DACS Audio GD NFB10 and Matrix Dac are working fine.

Any suggestions ?
Old 7th September 2012, 10:39 PM   #199
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcus View Post
Hi Stefan,

Received my Odac and Objective headphone amp both standalone earlier this week. (Order Nr 00000296). The headphone amp is working properly however the ODAC is giving me problems.
Tried on iMac, Windows Laptop (lenovo) and in both cases only get garbled sound, very distorted.
On the mac tried with Audirvana + player as well as iTunes and on the Laptop tried with Youtube movies also getting the same result. I can hear the music but distorted with lots of static in between the audio.
Further tested with different cables, different ports etc.

My other 2 DACS Audio GD NFB10 and Matrix Dac are working fine.

Any suggestions ?
Hi Peter,

As per the mail sent earlier, sorry for the hassle. Replacement will be in the post tomorrow (actually today...)
I had one once before with the same issues, there it was a cold solder joint on one of the jumper traces.

Stefan
Old 9th September 2012, 12:25 AM   #200
diyAudio Member

Stefan,

Thanks for the quick response in resolving this, excellent customer service. Really looking forward to receive the replacement unit.

Best Regards,
Peter

Hide this!Advertise here!