ODAC - European and Worldwide pre-orders - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Head 'n' HiFi - Walter

Head 'n' HiFi - Walter At Head 'n' HiFi we will provide you with the finest Audio equipment and parts for a reasonable price. We will also host Group Buys on request, this includes production of PCB's from our trusted manufacturer and sourcing of the parts at lowest prices. We also have manufacturers for enclosures and panels at hand. Once we host a project we will re-stock it frequently depending on demand, you will never miss out on a project again.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2012, 01:30 PM   #161
willmax is offline willmax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Good stuff Stefan, I'm looking forward to see some pictures of your Standalone ODAC build.

Cheers
Old 20th June 2012, 01:35 PM   #162
Atilla is offline Atilla  Norway
diyAudio Member

Great news! I'll prepare my payment
Old 20th June 2012, 05:16 PM   #163
sorue is offline sorue  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Appreciate the update, Stefan! Looking forward to making payment
Old 21st June 2012, 01:19 PM   #164
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Default fastest shippment ever...

The ODAC cases arrived on the 20th in Zurich already, just one day after they got shipped Picked them up during lunch break at the DHL facility.
I will start building your pre-orders tonight and send out the invoices tomorrow. Those who did not yet provide me an email address can be proactive now

below a few pictures I just took
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ODAC-RCA-BLK-Front.jpg (23.0 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg ODAC-RCA-SIL-Front.jpg (25.9 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg ODAC-RCA-back.jpg (27.5 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg ODAC-standalone.jpg (22.5 KB, 275 views)
Old 21st June 2012, 01:36 PM   #165
diyAudio Member

Sexy
Old 21st June 2012, 04:26 PM   #166
diyAudio Member

How to order an ODAC RCA black front ??
Your shop told me it's an "Not available selected option"
Old 21st June 2012, 04:52 PM   #167
diyAudio Member

Great,

Can't wait to try it against mine 1500 euro Dac.
Old 21st June 2012, 07:15 PM   #168
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

hi clog,

you can still pre-order it here They will go online in the shop on Sunday, that will give me sufficient time to assemble the pre-orders first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clog View Post
How to order an ODAC RCA black front ??
Your shop told me it's an "Not available selected option"
Old 27th June 2012, 05:18 AM   #169
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter View Post
Hi vrillusions,

no nylon screw, but a simple M3x10 with two nuts and a washer will do, mounting it screw - O2 - nut - ODAC - washer - nut. The washer is important, as the nut might scratch the solder mask of the ODAC which could cause a short, no issue if you use the washer and a bit of care whilst assembling. The back panels are in stock and available in store, if you order an ODAC there just pick the option with the panel included, saves you a bit

Stefan
Just wanted to follow up I got this past weekend and got it installed. Ran into a couple issues (not related to head n headfi in anyway). First I used the recommended network cable wires to connect it to the O2 but I think the wire I used, coming from cat6 and not cat5 it's higher quality which means thicker wires. Couldn't find any holes to pass all the wires through so ended up just going around the back so now it bulges a little bit but not too noticable. Also I was running into an issue where when it was completely in the battery area the left channel would go silent. Had electrical tape on battery contacts so it wasn't there. Turned out the solder leads were too long and scraping the solder mask on the O2. Some electrical tape to cover that up and trim the leads some more and it's good to go.

In the US finding metric screws + nuts that small was a little difficult. Ended up using 6x1/2" (I think). and found some nylon washers.

All that being said the odac + o2 works great. Can't wait till the ODA comes up and hopefully makes the form factor better and make it easier to connect the o2 and odac.
Old 27th June 2012, 08:53 PM   #170
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Hi, all paid for orders have been shipped out today, I will update the sheet with the tracking references tomorrow evening, am a bit tired now and still have some orders from the store that want to get shipped tomorrow morning.
The lady in the post office almost collapsed when I came to the counter with two huge bags full of parcels and told her Insured and signed for please took almost one and a half hours to get them all registered and labeled

Hide this!Advertise here!