Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Head 'n' HiFi - Walter

Head 'n' HiFi - Walter At Head 'n' HiFi we will provide you with the finest Audio equipment and parts for a reasonable price. We will also host Group Buys on request, this includes production of PCB's from our trusted manufacturer and sourcing of the parts at lowest prices. We also have manufacturers for enclosures and panels at hand. Once we host a project we will re-stock it frequently depending on demand, you will never miss out on a project again.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2012, 01:19 PM   #101
swalter is offline swalter  Switzerland
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

may I introduce:

ODAC

Click the image to open in full size.

Just arrived
Old 21st May 2012, 05:00 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Can you post some preliminary impressions? I have ordered ODAC and very temted to get it. Need some impressions to keep calm.
Old 21st May 2012, 09:35 PM   #103
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiEx View Post
Can you post some preliminary impressions? I have ordered ODAC and very temted to get it. Need some impressions to keep calm.
Sure, they will be very subjective though as my ears are still smiling

went to my workshop earlier and soldered a couple of the bridges and connectors, went smooth, but the allignment of the connector takes a bit as they sit fairly loose in the guiding holes.

connector:

jumpers:
soldered about 3mm snippets of resistor wire in also a "blob" of solder might just do as well.

And this is what I spent the last hours with:

did not mount it in the O2, not sure I ever will. Will be patience and wait for the stand alone enclosure...

Having only a Fiio E10 as DAC so far I do not really have a high end comparison i could make, but I like it and will fit it in a couple of my projects

Stefan

PS: All paid orders are packed and will be shipped most likely on Thursday, so If you'd like your order shipped this week, please pay Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks

Last edited by swalter; 21st May 2012 at 09:36 PM. Reason: links fixed
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:39 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Default Noob question

Sorry for the noob question: will it need some other hardware to connect this wonderful piece to my active monitors? (KRK rp8 g2)?

I mean, if i choose the Rca version and have the rca cables is all right? Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:34 AM   #105
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffus View Post
Sorry for the noob question: will it need some other hardware to connect this wonderful piece to my active monitors? (KRK rp8 g2)?

I mean, if i choose the Rca version and have the rca cables is all right? Thanks
Hi graffus,

if you have an RCA to XLR cable I see no problem, the box itself seems to have no RCA in?

Stefan
Old 23rd May 2012, 08:52 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalter View Post
Hi graffus,

if you have an RCA to XLR cable I see no problem, the box itself seems to have no RCA in?

Stefan

Yes, my monitors have RCA in, but i have my beloved Proel "jack to jack" cables so - in case - i will use a RCA (male) to Jack (female) adaptor and i will be ok

I only was wondering if i needed somewhat like a pre-amp, but if no, better.

Thx for the answer
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:33 PM   #107
willmax is offline willmax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffus View Post
Yes, my monitors have RCA in, but i have my beloved Proel "jack to jack" cables so - in case - i will use a RCA (male) to Jack (female) adaptor and i will be ok

I only was wondering if i needed somewhat like a pre-amp, but if no, better.

Thx for the answer
Hey graffus, I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Studio Monitors, I'm looking at either the Behringer B1030A or KRK Rokit RP5 G2, both are 5" woofers.

Have you had any experience with the Behringers since you already have the Rokit? They are both priced very similarly here in Australia with the Rokit being a little bit more expensive.

Also I'll be driving them with either my DACport or ODAC with 3.5 line out. I'd appreciate if you could comment on the Studio Monitors as I'm new to this type of speakers, I'm no mixer therefore will be using them for general listening together with my headphones
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:41 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmax View Post
Hey graffus, I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Studio Monitors, I'm looking at either the Behringer B1030A or KRK Rokit RP5 G2, both are 5" woofers.

Have you had any experience with the Behringers since you already have the Rokit? They are both priced very similarly here in Australia with the Rokit being a little bit more expensive.

Also I'll be driving them with either my DACport or ODAC with 3.5 line out. I'd appreciate if you could comment on the Studio Monitors as I'm new to this type of speakers, I'm no mixer therefore will be using them for general listening together with my headphones
this is OT here i think so if you want we can continue in PM or another section of the forum. I didnít tried those Behringers so i cannot tell you my experience but KRK is known for the very good construction and quality at this price ranges so i think the krks will be the better choose

Anyway, if you will use those monitors only for listening and not for producing i suggest you to search speakers instead of monitors since monitors are known for flat sound and not for "nice" sound. They reveal every imperfection and they are not made for a soft listening of sweet music

I suggest you to find a good music shop, go there and listen some types of speakers with the same tracks and choose what you like. Anyway if you stay on the "monitors idea" i can only guarantee KRK are fantastic
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:17 PM   #109
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Just as a small update, all parcels are packed for tomorrows post run, I have 5 payments from this batch outstanding, the ones marked orange in the sheet in post #77 please check your PM, Mailbox and Spamfilter
If I have the payment by 06:30 CET tomorrow morning I can still ship them, else you would need to wait until the 2nd batch goes out.

Thanks, Stefan
Old 24th May 2012, 08:48 PM   #110
life is beautiful...
diyAudio Member

Hi,

all orders paid for have been shipped today, the spreadsheet from post #77 has been updated with the tracking numbers (pain in the back as the lady from the post office has a worse hand writing than I do and that will mean something...)

All orders went by Priority mail and can be tracked here:

https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html

In case it comes up in german language, the link to change to english is in the lower right corner. Shipping date: 24/05/2012

The German orders are shipped via DHL parcel, tracking: DHL | Global | English

Have fun waiting ,

Stefan

Hide this!Advertise here!