Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th August 2007, 08:10 PM   #311
diyAudio Member

I ended up just mounting it straight to the heat sink. I am thinking now I should have used some sort of thermal paste as well.

As for when I got it to over heat, well, I guess u could say I was definitely giving it a thorough workout. But, thats what I was wondering, if the heat sink would keep up with my demands of the chip. The answer was 'NO' in my case.

Still, I will keep trying to change things here and there and see if I can get any better cooling to the heat sink. First try some kind of thermal paste to transfer heat more efficiently.

Even then, with the overheating problem when giving the amp a workout the quality of the music can't be surpassed. So all in all I am saying win - win situation.
Old 26th August 2007, 01:21 AM   #312
diyAudio Member

jaybombalous,

I think a couple other people on the forum purchased the same heatsink for this amp. Please let us know if using thermal paste or whatever else you do improves your cooling situation enough to make this a suitable heatsink. Did you have it in a case when it overheated?

What size/brand power supply did you use? Do you have any more picture of your build?

I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the sound. I'm looking forward to getting mine together soon.

-claiborne
Old 26th August 2007, 01:32 AM   #313
diyAudio Member

www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique.htm
Old 26th August 2007, 11:08 AM   #314
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What size/brand power supply did you use? Do you have any more picture of your build?

I bought one from digikey, amveco, 300VA 2x24V back when I did the gainclone LM3886 DIY kit from BrianGT. I just switched out the PCB's. Which is probly where I will start if the thermal paste doesn't work well.

I was just hoping to save a little money, at ~$100 w/ shipping it wasn't something I wanted to really have to buy ATM.
Old 5th September 2007, 10:59 PM   #315
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stevodude
Quote:
Originally posted by salesmonster
First off, I'm a newbie to this website and groupbuy.

If anyone has an extra PC board and set of inductors that you don't plan on using, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Otherwise, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for Peranders to start selling the next batch.

It looks like a few people have completed their amps and mentioned the performance. Any new opinions of this amp?

Dave

Yes looks fairly straight and quite well priced, looking at the pricing for 2boards & 4 inductors ends up being around $42aud...

so yea let us know if another GB or spares apear.

Cheers, stevo.
Old 7th September 2007, 06:54 AM   #316
hd38 is offline hd38  France
diyAudio Member

I'm interested to participate in a new batch Group Buy of PA03 or buying unused boards if any. Qty 2. Send MP.
Old 23rd December 2007, 06:11 PM   #317
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

fairly new to DIY but have enjoyed the simple projects like T amp, 3875,3886 and now want to have a go at 4780. are there any boards/inductors/resistors/parts about still.

thanks
Old 26th December 2007, 04:21 PM   #318
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Boards are available from me but the group buy deal was only this time.
Old 26th December 2007, 04:35 PM   #319
diyAudio Member

Peranders:

Do you still have the inductors available as well?

Dave
Old 26th December 2007, 07:40 PM   #320
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I would like to know that too.. it seems like i may have lost mine. But i'm gonna look once again first.

Hide this!Advertise here!