Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy - Page 31 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2007, 09:57 AM   #301
diyAudio Member

Well I am up and running, even without changing out c11, c15 the damn thing rocks.

Thanks again guys, sry for all the trouble.

Just one more question, how long should I use the amp without attaching the VR's to the heatsink??? LOL sounds to good to turn it off at the moment.
Old 19th August 2007, 07:02 PM   #302
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

The regulators don't have to be on heatsink if you only are feeding two opamps. As long as the regulators aren't burning hot everything is OK.
Old 19th August 2007, 07:08 PM   #303
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Any Leftovers?

Quote:
Originally posted by Landoctor
I know I am too late for the groupbuy, but are there any boards leftover? Is anyone interested in selling a pair of their extra boards?
I would really like to build a pair of these to compare to my others.
Thanks for your time,
Donovan
I'm going to sell boards later. Check back in two-three weeks.

I'm also preparing the BOM with article numbers. Farnell is 99.5%, next is Mouser, Digikey and ELFA.

I thought making an excel file with a couple of columns th same through a workbook. How do I do that? I don't want to duplicate only. The idea is to have R1, value, spec etc the same and for each spreadsheet page I want to have different supppliers article numbers, describing text etc.
Old 20th August 2007, 02:23 PM   #304
Aengus is offline Aengus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I thought making an excel file with a couple of columns th same through a workbook. How do I do that? I don't want to duplicate only. The idea is to have R1, value, spec etc the same and for each spreadsheet page I want to have different supppliers article numbers, describing text etc.
P-A

You can have cells in one worksheet reference cells in another worksheet; so if you haveinformation in (say) Sheet 1 Cell A1, then put in Sheet 2 Cell A1 the formula "=Sheet1A1". If this isn't clear (or isn't what you meant), PM me and I'll set up the spreadsheet for you. I'd be happy to do it in return for you setting up the group buy.

Regards.

Aengus
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:28 AM   #305
diyAudio Member

First off, I'm a newbie to this website and groupbuy.

If anyone has an extra PC board and set of inductors that you don't plan on using, I would be interested in purchasing them.

Otherwise, I'll sit on the sidelines and wait for Peranders to start selling the next batch.

It looks like a few people have completed their amps and mentioned the performance. Any new opinions of this amp?

Dave
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:17 PM   #306
diyAudio Member

noise wise, quietest amp I have ever laid my ears on.

I did manage to overheat the LM4780 chip so for me to do again I would purchase a bigger heat sink
Old 23rd August 2007, 09:22 PM   #307
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jaybombalous
noise wise, quietest amp I have ever laid my ears on.

I did manage to overheat the LM4780 chip so for me to do again I would purchase a bigger heat sink

What size heat sink did you use?
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:19 PM   #308
diyAudio Member

I bought the one that was posted on ebay for sale. U buy a foot piece and the guy cut it in 3 - 4" pieces. The base of the heatsink is 3/8" solid aluminum and the fins are spaced about 1/4" apart, the hole thing is a little over 5" wide.
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:23 PM   #309
diyAudio Member

The one question I do have... I just bought a pair of 5" square 120VAC fans. Here is the link.

http://www.bgmicro.com/index.asp?Pag...D&ProdID=10694

Will hooking this up pre-transformer inject unwanted noise into the amp? I need find someway to cool this beast till I can purchase higher quality drivers.
Old 25th August 2007, 05:55 AM   #310
diyAudio Member

jaybombalous,

I have the same heatsinks as you but I haven't gotten them installed on the amp yet.

How hard/long were you running the amp when you overheated it?

How do you have the chip mounted to the sink? Specifically what kind of insulators did you use?

The heastink is not the exact one specifed by the BOM but it's measurements are close enough. I am surprised it isn't adequate.

Would you suggest I not bother with it and find another? Thanks.

-claiborne

Hide this!Advertise here!