• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Not here yet, but it's 8:09 am in Chicago , I hope I'll meet those beauties today when the ups will show up.any ideas for the heatsink ?

Not here yet just a couple hours south of you. So at least I don't think it's an individual thing.

AndrewT,

I'm just happy I found them. I think they were pretty much the only option for heatsinks here that fit the board closely enough. The only other options I was finding was paying crazy money to have one shipped here from EU.

the ups just came, but no boards .
i hope tomorrow ill get them.
I am pretty much in the same boat with "Loafimus",
i am curious if he got them.
is FISCHER ELEKTRONIK SK 92/75 SA a good cooling solution or the Thermal Resistance is too high?

I think they'll come in USPS, not UPS.

Also, in a previous post I had a link to HeatsinkUSA. They have acceptable sizes for the build and can be cut to the height you want so it'll fit in your case of choice. for a 3U case, a 4" cut was perfect. The one you posted should work, but when I looked, it was crazy expensive to ship to the US.

the ups just came, but no boards .
i hope tomorrow ill get them.
I am pretty much in the same boat with "Loafimus",
i am curious if he got them.
is FISCHER ELEKTRONIK SK 92/75 SA a good cooling solution or the Thermal Resistance is too high?

if I remember the BOM correctly length shoud be 150 mm or 200 mm.
I think 75 mm is too small.

The Fischer SK92 150SA has a R(th) of < 1 K/W. Thats better than the Pada from the BOM.

SK 92, Standardstrangkhlkrper, Khlkrper f.cool, Fischer Elektronik

Not here yet just a couple hours south of you. So at least I don't think it's an individual thing.

AndrewT,

I'm just happy I found them. I think they were pretty much the only option for heatsinks here that fit the board closely enough. The only other options I was finding was paying crazy money to have one shipped here from EU.
Which of the heatsink profile did you end up buying?

Thanks!!

Which of the heatsink profile did you end up buying?

Thanks!!

I used the 7.280" - HeatsinkUSA cut to 4". Worked perfectly in a 3U case. I honestly think it may of been overkill and if I do it again will use a 2.5 - 3" cut and try to squeeze it in a smaller chassis.

Also, I mentioned it earlier, but the thread over in the ChipAmps forum has a lot of good information. My build along with a couple others are posted in it and it answered a lot of the questions I had.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/280949-newbee-build-pa03-amp-lm4780.html

Last edited:
I used the 7.280" - HeatsinkUSA cut to 4". Worked perfectly in a 3U case. I honestly think it may of been overkill and if I do it again will use a 2.5 - 3" cut and try to squeeze it in a smaller chassis.

Also, I mentioned it earlier, but the thread over in the ChipAmps forum has a lot of good information. My build along with a couple others are posted in it and it answered a lot of the questions I had.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/chip-amps/280949-newbee-build-pa03-amp-lm4780.html
Thanks for the info.
I have some of the 5.375" but were cut to 8" long. Classic case of whatever you have never fits :D