• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
ppcblaster,

Thanks a lot for this. I will get in touch with Russ

I think 4 inches (1ft piece cut to 3X4") is a good size, that should give me a heatsink 5 3/8 X 4 X 1. That should put it around 1 C/W. Think that is enough cooling? or should I consider bigger lengths.

Thanks again,
Dinesh

zenesh said:
I am interested in a PCB too if it is still avialable. Dop me a mail when youa re back P-A thanks

I have 6 spare boards and 2 spare parts packs that I bought in the group buys (I thought I would be building more than two but I don't see it happening right now).
Will sell them for the same price (no profit just to cover my expenses).

Email enabled.
I will take only what it cost me (original price + shipping + paypal fee), just to get my expenses back.
I assume that shipping price (international) is the same here as in sweden (I don't have time to calculate exactly, If it will be more, on my account :) ).

Original price for two pcbs including shipping was
325sek = 48.32$ + paypal fee(0.3$+3.9%) = 50.5$.

As for the parts, I've decided to to keep 2 spare boards + parts for now until I'll finish the project (sorry for that).

Upupa Epops said:
No, it make ground loops...

peranders said:
I would be a more diplomatic: I might work but not without development but more channels than two is hard to make it good if the original design is mono or stereo.

If I use bridged mode, also one toroid per board?

Another question:
I tried to find the right voltage for bridged mode.
The specs of the LM4780 does recommend 25V DC (~18V AC) for 120W power.
What happens if I go beyond that, say like 30V or 35V?

BNK said:
If I use bridged mode, also one toroid per board?
A dream situation, no problems with that.

BNK said:
Another question:
I tried to find the right voltage for bridged mode.
The specs of the LM4780 does recommend 25V DC (~18V AC) for 120W power.
What happens if I go beyond that, say like 30V or 35V?
A guess is that 2 x 24 VAC will work pretty good with sufficient cooling and not using the amp for disco.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

still missing some components ... I'm not much of a solderer but soldered most of it.

Panasonic are good caps for c24/c25 (15-22000uf 50V)?