• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Stereo Ribbon Microphone GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I've created a private forum board for discussing, getting infos & updates about this group buy. Indeed after the last chinese mics GBs that have been stopped by the powerful importers with the excuse of unfair competition, I think it's important to try and keep this project a bit 'underground'.

Hopefully, it will serve relative anonimity of the group buy (big names of the ribbon mics are less likely to stop us from doing it) & will avoid choosing one forum over another to display infos about it...

Please send me your e-mail address to :
theonlymagicalpig@yahoo.com

I will send you info about how to subscribe to the group.

THE REASON WHY I POSTED IN THIS FORUM is that the chinese manufacturer proposes to realize a custom ribbon mic design. I thought some of you might have some ideas about a custom design for a ribbon microphone.
Suggestions about ribbon element, electronics (passive or active), body parts... are more than welcomed.

We could end up with a better mic with no competition problem...
As for the price of such custom design, if this design is a great one, as I think there will be no patent appliable, it's reasonable to think we could get a deal on production costs as the manufacturer would benefit of the design to produce and sell a brand new product...

Thanks for your understanding,
Victor.

ello!

The message board for the chinese stereo ribbon community order is now public.

HERE IS THE LINK

This change has two reasons :
1. in order to get known the forum needs to under anyone's eyes
2. another group buy initiated by someone else is likely to take place in the future and I don't want to interfere.

I'll leave the forum open to public for a month. We need 100 units in order to place an order which isn't a lot. If within a month time the quantity is not reached, I will drop the project.

Any other info on the message board.

Thanks,
Victor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.