• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

15" Sonosub Kit UK Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my prototype modelling a black sock.

Attachments

• imgp0693.jpg
    imgp0693.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 366
There is no driver yet. People can source their own or we may get together and do a group buy of something if that is possible.

I fancy the TCSounds 3000 http://www.tcsounds.com/tc3000.htm and I've asked for a price for 8 shipped to UK. But they are not replying to my emails, which seems a common trait among subwoofer manufacturers for some reason.

I've also asked Adire for a price for 8 Brahmas, but need to establish what the OEM terms are etc. Once again, no one seems keen to make a sale!

pinkmouse said:
What are you offering in the kit, and what makes it a group buy rather than a kit sale? ;)

The kit is everything (or less if you don't want it all) to make the enclosure.

Plus maybe a driver group buy.

It's a group buy because a) I haven't got all the bits yet b) I won't make any profit (although I will cut my losses by not throwing away my cardboard tubes).

I've just read Bill Collo's vent pages, quite an investigation!

Anyway, if you like to experiment, with a sonosub it is easy and neat to build the port into the top cap and then it can be swapped with a diiferent port design at will.

I may have to invest in a 25mm roundover bit so I can offer something a bit more manly than 10mm radius 'flare'.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.