non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers - Page 98 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th August 2006, 04:53 PM   #971
diyAudio Member

hi, one more photos,

back of te cd-rom must set this.

master.

thx

thomas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cdromjumper.jpg (14.5 KB, 328 views)
Old 7th August 2006, 05:15 PM   #972
Kip is offline Kip  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas,
In the photo it shows a cable ISP with pin 1 at the top. I don't have that cable, nor a discription of where it connects to the dac ver.3. My cd rom is set to master and it does not have a spdif digital out. I am also having a communication issue with the rom. The cd controller can see the rom drive, shows when it is open and a cd is inserted, and I can then press play on the button or remote and the rom will play, but then that is all. Stop, pause, etc. will not respond and when I press eject the counter stops on the display, but it still says play. I then need to turn power off for it to work again, then the same happens.
Old 7th August 2006, 05:17 PM   #973
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Idefixes
Hi thomas,

will be an extra keybord for button in the CDROM kits you will ship me? Not only one PCB with all button on. The internal height of my chassis is 55mm so it's much comfotable to implement when it's with the extra key bord.

Marc
Old 7th August 2006, 06:56 PM   #974
diyAudio Member

I've spent quite some time yesterday listening to the DAC and I'm REALLY pleased. Who would've thought it could sound so good? I compared it to my Marantz CDP5001 analogue stage and there was just no comaprison!!! I have picked up the digital noise problem that Jean has referred to, but it is VERY soft (I have to put my ear next to the speaker). I must be honest, though, that I would like to get it fixed if possible. I have not had time to fiddle with all the different settings, I've been enjoying the DAC too much ;-)

Thanks Thomas for offering us such a nice piece of kit at such a low price!! I'm really tempted to get the S2 chip, but it will have to wait unitl I finish my new amp and preamp...

Gert
Old 7th August 2006, 07:16 PM   #975
nico2k3 is offline nico2k3  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much, the parcel is arrived today, everything is ok, except you've forgotten the CD controler kit...

I don't know if OAP62BP or AD797 was included in the kit, I should have asked you before.

I know you have a lot of work and you don't earn money on these sales, so I'm ok to share shipping fee for the cd controler.

Thank you very much !
Nico
Old 7th August 2006, 08:31 PM   #976
diyAudio Member

hi kip,

I understand what is the happen of the control, I hadn't test all cd-rom is it compatible to all CD-rom. I only test with ASUS & Plextor only. The best was plextor, more stable & more silent.
if the CD-rom was not compatible to control kit. This will be some function will not work.

thx

thomas
Old 7th August 2006, 08:41 PM   #977
Kip is offline Kip  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas,

Do you have a plexor model number? Do I need a spdif out on the cd rom? I purchased a thin internal ide laptop cd rom drive with an adapter to use with the 40 pin ide cable. The controller doesn't see it at all. The other cd rom is a 10 year old creative labs 4x cd rom.
Old 7th August 2006, 09:24 PM   #978
diyAudio Member

hi kip,

normally the plextor all models will suitable for this because some of my friend all were use plextor cd or dvd /dvd/rw rom, also quite good for this.

the best was plextor was soft start up, the disk will not easy to damage.

thx

thomas
Old 7th August 2006, 09:33 PM   #979
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas,

I know you are busy. I was hoping you could reply to my Q in post #931 on this thread about v2 dac. There is a pdf showing my 3 transformers attached to that post. I know what to do with secondary leads.

Are the brown or red leads of the transformer primaries POSITIVE or NEUTRAL? I know Black goes to chassis ground.

For 120vac in USA, should I solder all 6 red leads to one lug on a terminal strip, and then from this lug run 1 wire to IEC Hot or Neutral? Then I could solder all 6 brown leads to another terminal lug, and run one wire to other pin on IEC? Please advise.
Old 8th August 2006, 10:35 AM   #980
MGH is offline MGH  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas,

Did you see my earlier posts regarding the 8 TDA1541A I ordered drom you?

"While I wait for your ultimate v3 DAC to be completed, can you send me the regular 8 TDA1541A chips I ordered/paid for already?"

Please let me know.

Hide this!Advertise here!