• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gomi,
Landoctor,
Samoloko.

Chungtat has just posted the manuals that I have. Mine are in Chineese too, so I will not duplicate the information.
There are translators online that can help. Google and Yahoo are free.
I have a few diagrams. I include 5, this is the maximum I can upload with this post. I will complete with the next.

Attachments

• balanced dac.pdf
    45.7 KB · Views: 172
  • clock.pdf
    9.5 KB · Views: 106
  • i to v 2 2.pdf
    13.3 KB · Views: 140
  • main.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 98
  • power.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 110
As a general information, I will refer you to post 1930 and 1932 and all others before and after.
I gave a list back then of other posts that could be of interest for diagrams and settings.
I saw Gomi and Donovan there too.
Thomas is not available anymore, but I found something very interesting.
Search in Google for a commercial product called: Satch DAC.
This is Thomas's dac right there.
So I beleive Thomas has turned commercial. Anyway, with further reseaches on Satch dac, you may find pertinent informations to help you with your present dac. Let us know what you find.

I just found More complete informations. I can not post here because it is almost 2 megs large. So Gomi and Landoctor, I will PM to you.

Hi Jean,

Appreciate if you can send me a copy
samshlim at yahoo.co.nz

Also, have you tried the fix suggested by ecdesigns?
I am stuck with the pin numbering. His inst:

*---
SN74HC04 could be used for this, SN74HC04 pin numbering, notch to the top, top view:

pin top left is pin1, next one down is pin 2, and so on, until pin 7 (bottom left)
pin8 (bottom right), next one up is pin9 and so on, until pin14 (top right) .

ADDING THE INVERTER:
> Connect GND (SAA7220 socket pin 12) to the following pins of the SN74HC04: pin3, pin5, pin7, pin9, pin11, and pin13.
> Connect VCC (SAA7220 socket pin24) to SN74HC04 pin 14.
> Solder a 100nF decoupling capacitor between SN74HC04 pin7 and pin14.
> Connect pin1 of SN74HC04 to pin3 of J28 (DATA).
> Connect pin2 of SN74HC04 to pin3 of J25 (Inverted DATA).

John

*-----
Well, The SN74HC04 that come with the Thomas DAC is 16 pin version not 14. Do you know how to to apply ecdesigns fix to a 16 pin version?

Appreciate your help.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/110685-tube-lover-se-full-balance-tda1541a-dac-15.html

i have a problem with full balanced dac full version
i want to go in NOS no reclock mode, and it seems to be difficult

i would like to transform this full balanced dac in SE dac, to test NOS no reclock

if someone has this version, is it possible tot take a look at pics i sended on the other forum and tell me jumpers positions and perhabs what is changing in wiring

i think particulary on TDA1541 card jumpers 19 and 20 may be interesting for me

thanks a lot in advance !

Gomi

Anyone here is using M2TECH Hiface with their DAC?

There many talk about this little gem around many forum and it appear to be design specifically for those who wanted audiophile sound using PC/computer as source. Just wonder anyone with Thomas DAC have good results with it and what clocking option you find sound the best.

One of the review:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/us...01-usd-vs-teralink-x-vs-m2tech-hiface-449885/

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.