Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th May 2006, 02:44 PM   #191
DaveM is offline DaveM  United States
diyAudio Member

I may be able to help with pulley production as well. I work in a shop that has a Cincinnati Hawk CNC lathe. I work with solid works every day so models are not an issue. I wasn't sure how vinyl addict was going to produce them, but there isn't much better than doing everthing in one setup on an NC. My boss is a great guy and would not have an issue letting me have a little machine time. I will talk to our machinist on Monday to ask about the best way to make this with our tool set.

DaveM
Old 12th May 2006, 05:24 PM   #192
diyAudio Member

Mark it's a problem to downsizing my order to six boards, four friends realized their motors aren't suited for this controller?
Giorgio
Old 12th May 2006, 11:27 PM   #193
mjounot is offline mjounot  Canada
diyAudio Member

Mark
I very much want one of those board sets .
mjounot at shaw dot ca

Mike
Old 13th May 2006, 03:05 AM   #194
diyAudio Member

Patriz, no problems, I'll amend your order to 6.

MJounot I already have you down for 1. Do you now want 2 ?

hov you have mail.
Old 13th May 2006, 03:17 AM   #195
diyAudio Member

Hi All

Regarding the pulley, my vote is for an aluminium flat pulley of 0.665" or 16.9 mm diameter to suit the width of a mylar tape belt. I believe this diameter will suit the controller design if the platter diameter is about 12" or 300 mm. I am not sure that a crowned pulley will allow the use of a mylar tape belt (something I was hoping to try). I hope that a flat pulley instead of a crowned pulley will satisfy those who use a rubber belt (or other type) to drive the platter. Hope my use of jargon is OK.

Perhaps it might be time to start listing some of the proposals to find out where this is going.

In brief, the following comments have been made (I paraphrase below, but with no intention of changing the meaning of each post).

JRags - voted for bronze pulley (actually meant brass as stated in later post) of 11 mm diameter with crown heights of 6 and 14 mm (to suit custom TT with sub platter). Later suggested that 17 mm may be best. Also stated that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
john2 - voted for pulley to suit LP12.
Markqall - open to what everyone else decides.
Seth Hensel - seconds motion that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
superhkm - seconds motion that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
kevinchampion - happy to accept one size fits all by consensus of the group.

It appears that Vinyl-Addict and DaveM are candidates to make the pulley.

Hope this helps us move in the right direction.

Mark, I will keep track of the votes if this helps.

Cheers
Old 13th May 2006, 03:34 AM   #196
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dubious
Hi All

Regarding the pulley, my vote is for an aluminium flat pulley of 0.665" or 16.9 mm diameter to suit the width of a mylar tape belt. I believe this diameter will suit the controller design if the platter diameter is about 12" or 300 mm. I am not sure that a crowned pulley will allow the use of a mylar tape belt (something I was hoping to try). I hope that a flat pulley instead of a crowned pulley will satisfy those who use a rubber belt (or other type) to drive the platter. Hope my use of jargon is OK.

Perhaps it might be time to start listing some of the proposals to find out where this is going.

In brief, the following comments have been made (I paraphrase below, but with no intention of changing the meaning of each post).

JRags - voted for bronze pulley (actually meant brass as stated in later post) of 11 mm diameter with crown heights of 6 and 14 mm (to suit custom TT with sub platter). Later suggested that 17 mm may be best. Also stated that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
john2 - voted for pulley to suit LP12.
Markqall - open to what everyone else decides.
Seth Hensel - seconds motion that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
superhkm - seconds motion that pulley diameter should be agreed by Mark and Vinyl-Addict.
kevinchampion - happy to accept one size fits all by consensus of the group.

It appears that Vinyl-Addict and DaveM are candidates to make the pulley.

Hope this helps us move in the right direction.

Mark, I will keep track of the votes if this helps.

Cheers
A crowned pulley will not work with tape.
Old 13th May 2006, 05:52 AM   #197
JRags is offline JRags  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Pulley Question

Will a flat pulley accommodate a rubber belt? If not, does anyone know where to source a mylar belt of a custom length?

Regarding diameter, a 16.9 pulley will work for me if it works for Mark and Vinyl-Addict.

My preference is to get a pulley, specific to our groupbuy motor, that is built by a dyiaudio member; rather than, as a last resort, using a local machinist in my area who knows nothing about the art of constructing a turntable motor pulley.

Please vote....
Old 13th May 2006, 11:37 AM   #198
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

I'll also go along with whatever the experts come up with. But it would be nice to have something as flexible as the BIX type pulley. I can use fishing wire...videotape...and other smaller tapes...
Old 13th May 2006, 12:46 PM   #199
diyAudio Member

I agree, I would like to have the pulley to be able to accept tape and some type of line also. This would be a flat pulley with a small vee groove I assume. Would the flat pulley also work with a rubber belt?

Mark
Old 13th May 2006, 02:23 PM   #200
mjounot is offline mjounot  Canada
diyAudio Member

Mark

I need only one set of boards.
Thanks

Mike

Hide this!Advertise here!