• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mark and superhkm,

Mark,
Fortunately, it doesn't appear that the shaft is bent. It spins freely and without any noise, so I am not really concerned about being able to make it do what I want. You are correct that the terminals slip fit onto a brush post. My issue is that the terminal broke off taking with it one side of the slip fit portion. So, now there are only 3 of the 4 sides holding it in place. I think I am going to need to solder directly to the brush post to get a solid connection. Not the end of the world, but not what you want to do to a new motor.

superhkm,
PM me and lets figure out what, if anything, is reasonable. I don't want this to have to come out of your pocket. I know how much effort goes into making a GB happen.

DaveM

Just as a progress report. We have the program done and are waiting for time on the machine. I believe it is time that people start sending me their addresses and info.

Bas Hornman, are you still up for doing a Euro distribution?

So, Please Personal message me with you name, address, quantity of pulleys.

I think that Paypal will work the best for me, but I am open to other methods if necessary.

I think I am going to stick with $10 per pulley plus shipping. If there is any profit after fairly compensating my place of work, I will make it a donation to DIYAudio.

DaveM

Just a little tease. One pulley is done. All of the pulleys are not done yet only one. I need to clean up the tops of them from where the lathe left a little nub. It appears that we have a total of 39 pulleys that are nice and tight. I also have 5 that were setup parts that are a bit looser fit than the others. These could be used by people with the ability to tap them and use a couple set screws to locate the pulley. Our initial list was for 40 pulleys. So..... at this point I think we need to make this a first come first served situation. If you have not PM'd me, get on it.

For those who wanted to increase their quantity, I think we will wait until all those who initially responded have a chance to actually claim their pulley.

So, things went fine with the machining. But there was one bump in the road. The general manager walked through the shop as the parts were being run and asked "what are those?" Ooops!!! I felt like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It appears that we now may need to pay the shop a few more pennies once she gets done with figuring shop rates and blah de blah. I think we will be OK, but I may need to collect a dollar or two more per pulley to make the GM happy. We will see.

I will try and get the ends finished as soon as I can.

DaveM

Here are those accounted for:

tmegaard 1
fortytwo 1
cwise 4
ZUM911 1
Michi124 3
sklimek 1
astro_nut 3
Seth Hensel 2 increase to 4
DaveM 1
superhkm 3
mjounot 1
WT 1 increase to 2
hov 1
Eric Weitzman 1

Those unaccounted for:

markgall 2
SisterOfMercy 2
Rich Christie 1
Patriz 3
Bas Horneman 3
ARAD 2
DIYFan 1
john2 2

Attachments

• pulley 1.jpg
    pulley 1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 339
Bas,

You are fine and have not missed a payment date. I just meant those who have replied with emails to me are "accounted for". That is all. I am trying to get a complete list of real names, emails and addresses so I can try and get this all organized.

DaveM

tmegaard 1
fortytwo 1
cwise 4
ZUM911 1
Michi124 3
sklimek 1
astro_nut 3
Seth Hensel 2 increase to 4
DaveM 1
superhkm 3
mjounot 1
WT 1 increase to 2
hov 1
Eric Weitzman 1
markgall 2 increase to 3
Bas Horneman 3
Lord Dubious 1 (new)
Patriz 3
john2 2
webby 1 possibly 2 (new)
DIYFan 1
total 37 increased to 42

not heard from:

SisterOfMercy 2
Rich Christie 1
ARAD 2

So, at this point, I am going to leave this open for the last 3 people who responded initially to get a chance at a pulley. There are 2 people who are new (not on the initial list). There has been plenty of time to respond. I think that the loose pulleys will probably be those available for the increased order numbers.

I faced off about 1/3 of the pulleys this weekend. My 2 year old demands most of my free time these days, but I will do my best to get these done asap.

If I have missed someone, please let me know so I can add you to the list. I am planning to finish off the pulleys, then figure out total costs, send out billing, and then ship them as money arrives and time permits. I prefer to do it all at once instead of sending them out piece at a time.

DaveM

Bas,

I weighed a pulley and they are 80 grams give or take. I'm not sure where that will fall in the shipping department. I will need to check what they will cost to get them in bulk to Europe and what they will cost individually. If you would check a shipping cost on your side, then we can tell how to proceed.

To all the others who emailed me recently, I have gotten the emails. We are now faced with the dilema of 39 good pulleys and 42 orders. Hmmmm. We did also have 2 late comers. There are also the looser shaft holes. Was there anyone who was planning on using set screws to mount them? In that case, with 4 set screws, there is no issue with a few thousandths of slop on the shaft, the screws will take that up just fine.

It definately appears that those who want to increase their orders will not be able to do so.

And just as a follow up thought..... Damn you Europeans and all your vacation. :cool:

DaveM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.