• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DaveM said:
AAAaaarrrgghhhhh!!

I'm so sorry. Life has taken over. The pulleys are half packed and waiting for labels and a trip to the post office. I was shooting to get time to finish up this weekend. Somewhere between house, last minute business trip, dead computer and parents visiting progress came to an a$$ screaching halt. I am sorry. I have been hearing the voices in my head saying "what happened, I paid and now I still don't have my pulley." I guess my life is just not set up for running group buys. Not the first to realize this and i'm sure not the last.

I will pack what I can this weekend and ship those.

Sorry to drag this out for you all patiently waiting.

DaveM

It's OK Dave, I am sure we all understand. I for one had the same problem finding time to ship things out when I did the motor GB. Take your time, and thank you for keeping us posted.

An other thing, you said something about Alu pulleys, and I wrote myself up for one. Any more on that ?

hk

Superhkm,

I do have some aluminum pulleys. As I recall there were several people who were interested. I have a sheet of who got what at home. Were you one who spoke up for one? Let me work through what I have at home and see what is left. I know that I have already packed 2 aluminum pulleys for someone who ordered 2 aluminum and one brass.

I will let you know when I sort things out again.

DaveM

Just a quick update,

This past weekend I recreated all the shipping information and printed out shipping labels. I was able to get the necessary envelopes and forms for customs. I am hoping to be able to put this bulk of pulleys in the mail this Saturday, as my weekly schedule conflicts with the post office hours.

DaveM

Mark: update on controller availability?

Hi Mark

Way back in September (posts 451 and 454) you said:

I will not willingly get myself into doing kits ever again but I might be making some new controller boards in the next few months as my new DC controller will use the same board as a base.

and

I am re-using some of the design in my new controller which locks the motor speed to an externally generated clock. This will be offered commercially through an agent in Japan (and hopefully USA and Europe)...

Could you please let us have an update on whether/when this is happening? Thank you.

Regards.

Aengus

And there was great rejoicing!:cool:

The first batch of pulleys have been sent. Everyone who has paid now has a pulley or pulleys in the mail.

I hate customs forms. I have a bit of an issue with paperwork and getting it done. Procrastination is the method of choice, and I apologize to those at effect of me, but they are all coming.

Now to those of you who have not been invoiced and paid, have no fear. There are plenty of pulleys to be had.

John2 and DIYfan please PM your mailing info so that I can figure shipping and invoice you. Any others who are still interested and have not sent me their info recently, please do again.

DaveM

Markgall,

Sorry, I certainly don't mean to short anyone. I think there are now going to be enough to go around. I will dig up my paper copy of the shipping list and email those who expressed interest earlier, but haven't paid. I just want to get these done so everyone can get building, myself included.

Bas,

Yours went in the mail Saturday.

Actually, I have been pretty lucky. Someone at work, as part of a design project, bought a 12" x 12" x 6" piece of black Delrin. The project was S-canned because it would cost more to build than our customers were willing to pay. The plastic was cut from a slab and was therefore not returnable. So this big plastic monolith has been sitting on a filing cabinet in the purchasing office for over a year. At this point it has my name on it. Heheheh. The lathe at work has a total of 14" of opening. The mill will be used to rough it into shape, and then finish cut on the lathe. For those of you not familiar with Delrin, it can be polished to a high shine if you are patient, and it is very stable and inert. Often it is used as a metal substitute when weight or chemical resistance is needed.:cool: Nice, very nice.

I am pondering doing a magnetic vertical bearing in combination with a standard style bearing to lessen the load on the bearing. My shop supplies came with a couple nice lengths of oilyte bearing material. Looks like a grinding project at work.

DaveM

I had a bit of a scare trying to put Dave's pulley on my Maxon motor. At first, the shaft would only go in 1 or 2 mm and then bind. I did't want to force it any further so I talked to Dave about it. He told me that a bit of force would overcome the binding, since he verified each pulley's hole using his own motor.

So I put an extremely thin film of dish soap on the shaft and it went in with just a bit of binding. After working it in and out a few times, there was still some binding, but substantially less. At least I was now certain that the hole in the pulley was clearly not too small.

I polished the shaft with Flitz metal polish. The shaft is silvery smooth now, unlike at first. I guess it had some oils or other byproducts of the machining process on it. Now there is absolutely no binding at all. Better yet, I can feel the air pressure resisting the shaft on the way in, and resistance from the vacuum on the way out. When it was binding beforehand, the application force was probably greater than the forces from the air so I couldn't feel them.

The clearance is big enough that I'll have to use an adhesive like Loctite thread seal to fix the pulley to the shaft when I put it into service.

Hope this helps other people get their parts to match.

BTW, the Flitz shines up the brass very nicely too.

- Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.