• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Who is interested in a groupbuy of Mark Kelly's DC controller PCB and related parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi rjones, I'm not sure that there are any more control boards or pullys available, which you would need to make the motor work for you. If anyone knows if there are or would like to sell theirs please post and we could get you in on the motor buy.

You may want to read this thread all the way through to get a fix on where we are at and contact either Mark Kelly who created the boards:
http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~quiddity/audio/DCbrushed.html
and daveM who created the pullys:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=988858#post988858
to see if there are any left.

Maxon motor GB...

I am leaving again for two weeks but my wife Pamela is going to take over from here. At this point we have cwise, aengus and sklimek all confirmed for one each and waiting for two more to nail it at 5. Please send me your email and shipping address to –
(stan at stan klimek studio dot com) put Maxon Motor GB in subject line so we can get ready for Paypal after getting final price w/ shipping from Chuck at Maxon.

This is great, I’m glad we are getting all the details worked out because I agree w/ you aengus that without the motor, Mark Kellys control board and DaveM pulley is – pointless.

Best - Stan

Stan - contact details sent via e-mail.

Rjones5296 - I'm pretty sure, from my previous reading of this thread, that the controller board buy is done with. I had asked (post #492) if anyone had an extra they wanted to sell, but got no response. And, in post #451 Mark Kelly said:

There are no boards or kits available at the moment.

I will not willingly get myself into doing kits ever again but I might be making some new controller boards in the next few months as my new DC controller will use the same board as a base.

Which leaves it a bit up in the air. Mark also said, though (post #454):

I am re-using some of the design in my new controller which locks the motor speed to an externally generated clock. This will be offered commercially through an agent in Japan (and hopefully USA and Europe)

So I'm hoping this will happen fairly soon, and the controller will be affordable, or that Mark might make the board available separately.

Failing that, Mark's site (http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~quiddity/audio.html) has enough info to build from scratch, though I find the prospect somewhat daunting.

Mark, are you able to tell us anything about the new controller - availability, projected price, ...? Thank you.

Aengus

DaveM said:
Sorry I have been gone so long, but I worked on a list of who and how many so that I can figure shipping costs for final invoicing. The final cost of the pullies will be $10 plus shipping. There are several people that I don't have shipping info for.

I just want to let you know that it will take about two days more before I can pay. I use a bank transfer to fill my paypal account, but that takes a few working days. Nothing to worry about ;)

NjoyTHEMUSIC said:

I would also be interested in the Motor and controller board ...

Andy, cost is around US$80 for the motor; no controller board is available (read, if not the whole thread - which I grant is a bit daunting - say the last ten pages, for current info).

If you want in, I recommend that you quickly send a nice note to sklimek asking if it's still possible.

Aengus

Mark Kelly DC contoller PCB layout

Hey Mark

Is there a chance of getting the top and bottom circuit layout for the controller? Is saw the stuffing layouts on you web site but it would make it a lot easier if I could get the circuit layout. I would be happy to pay for them with a agreement for a "one time use" as it is copy writted. I don't plan to make circuit boards but it would make it a quick job when hard wiring the components.

cygnus x1

Aengus said:
NjoyTHEMUSIC said:

Andy, cost is around US$80 for the motor; no controller board is available (read, if not the whole thread - which I grant is a bit daunting - say the last ten pages, for current info).

If you want in, I recommend that you quickly send a nice note to sklimek asking if it's still possible.

Aengus

Hi Aengus !

Thanks for the info - very much appreciated.

I've emailed sklimek , so fingers crossed (!)

Also, just another request for Mark - Any chance you can supply a kit of parts ...I'd love to build a dc controller board (even if it's on vero board, but I'm quite pushed for time at the mo to source all the parts as I'm engaged in my Gas exams !) A chance, perhaps for you to earn some cash as I would cover the costs for your efforts??

Many thanks !

-Andy-

I just wanted to drop a line and let people know that my home computer has died, and a new one is in the mail. I started packing up pullies this weekend. For every two I packed, my daughter unpacked one. Ah, the joys of parenting. I will try and get them out to people as soon as possible.

And just to confirm, Astro-nut is getting 2 aluminum pulleys and Superhkm is getting one. The ballance of your orders will be in brass.

Very cool. I'm glad this is all starting to get moving on my end. Now just some more time to pack.

DaveM

Hi DaveM

I just wanted to confirm that it was OK for me to buy one of MarkGall's pulleys, as he so kindly gave up one for me (see posts 483 and following); and, if so, shall I e-mail the shipping info to you?

Also, how do I pay you, and how much do I pay you?

Thanks, I hope this isn't too much hassle. BTW, my daughter is now in her twenties and a super person, but I often miss the little kid who'd undo things I was trying to get done. Enjoy it while you can. ;)

Regards.

Aengus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.