• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PC Boards for v9?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:
A 4 pole cap is used in a different way in PS smoothing application and in signal coupling application (where 4-pin advantage cannot be applied).

Now, I'm confused.

Why is it that the 4-pin advantage cannot be applied to signal coupling? And, if that is the case, in what way is it used? What would the purpose for using a Jensen there be, in that case?

steenoe said:
Any chance to see an "audiophile" version of that pcb, with room for the intended components?

Here you are:

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,766
Here you are:
Looks pretty good Peter, but wasnt excactly what I had in mind. As usual, a very nice build from your hand:) Here is a pic of "some" components that I have in mind;) 10uF filmcaps arent small you know. Those rolls are pretty big and heavy. NP say's 10 uF filmcaps, thats why I brought this up. Otherwise no prob's:)
Your build with Nonpolar BG's is just admirable!! Any chance you could send me a set?? Those things are hard to find here in EU!

Steen:cool:

Attachments

• clarity.jpg
    clarity.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,603
So what are you doing with those film caps?
I am gonna put them in the boards that Apassgear and I designed for the ZenV9 ;) Those boards can accomodate large components. Not that I am unsatisfied with your boards at all, I just thought that including the 10uF filmcap's would be nice.
Other than that, the 22uF Clarity caps will end up in a Twisted BosoZ, I think:) In my oppinion the right place to put them:)
The 10uF's are getting tested in the ZenV9 when I care to experiment with it.
My ears will decide in the end, whats best.

Steen:)

Re: PCB for ZV9

Paul Ebert said:
I'd still like to know what the benefit of using the four-poles is if you do not use them as four-poles.

To me it wasn't the advantage of 4 poles but the quality of the cap itself, which I had a chance to test previously in a GC PS.

ingi said:
Does any one know if there are any PCB boards available or if there is group buy somewhere for boards to build the ZV9?

More boards will be available in early September.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.