• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PC Boards for v9?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More power from JFET

The Lovoltech JFET device does not have a P-channel counterpart, so a N/P push-pull output stage is out of the question.
A quasi-complementary version should in theory at least, be possible with the N-channel.
To me it seems much of the idea behind the F3 and the ZV9 is to operate the JFET at a special part of its transfer curve, that is, where it resembles a triode.
My question is then, a quasi-complemantary amplifier with the JFET might "spoil" this concept, and there might be any reason for it left. Maybe even not a N/P-complementary amplifier with an imaginary P-channel JFET would give the F3 sound?
Any comments from preferably the Zen-master himself? ;-)

Regds
Rolv-Karsten

Re: More power from JFET

R-K Rønningstad said:
The Lovoltech JFET device does not have a P-channel counterpart, so a N/P push-pull output stage is out of the question.
A quasi-complementary version should in theory at least, be possible with the N-channel.
To me it seems much of the idea behind the F3 and the ZV9 is to operate the JFET at a special part of its transfer curve, that is, where it resembles a triode.
My question is then, a quasi-complemantary amplifier with the JFET might "spoil" this concept, and there might be any reason for it left. Maybe even not a N/P-complementary amplifier with an imaginary P-channel JFET would give the F3 sound?
Any comments from preferably the Zen-master himself? ;-)

Regds
Rolv-Karsten

I think you are completely misunderstanding the working conditions of ZV9.

1. It is a Single-Ended output, not Push-Pull.
2. Complementary devices are not required.
3. The JFET and the output MOSFET is in cascode configuration.
4. The JFET is biased to provide a slightly concave transfer curve to compensate the convex transfer curve of the output MOSFET to reduce distortion.

May be you need to read the ZV9 documents for details.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.