Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2006, 12:24 PM   #121
diyAudio Member

Default Boards arrived

Yesterday here in Northern California. Much appreciated
Vereran and PD.

Skip Pack
Old 23rd June 2006, 02:40 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Personally, I don't like to use any additional bypasses: a single quality cap is fine by itself.
Peter,

What would you recommend for C1? One could, conceivably, use a BG FK cap, but it looks too big (not to mention too expensive ).

Also, when you say additional bypasses do you mean more than one bypass cap or no bypass caps?

Thanks.

Paul
Old 23rd June 2006, 03:05 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
The board was designed specifically for 10,000/63V Jensen caps. Those are pretty good caps, and should work well here.

As to the bypasses, I usually never find them as improvement. They surely influence tonality, but other aspects of presentation may suffer, that's why I prefer a single cap, no additional caps in parallel. Of course the single cap needs to be pretty good.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...731#post285731
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jen.jpg (83.1 KB, 1351 views)
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 23rd June 2006, 08:33 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
The board was designed specifically for 10,000/63V Jensen caps. Those are pretty good caps, and should work well here.
Thanks, Peter. I'm glad to read the Jensen 4-Poles will work. Won't this require cutting the traces between the in and out connections on each side of the cap?

Could the same caps be used in the PS?

Lastly, if those are pretty good, what would be better?

Paul
Old 24th June 2006, 06:31 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Cutting the traces is applicable only in PS not in coupling (as there are two active connections, not four).

Those caps will work well in PS as well; when I was experimenting with snubber and big supplies for GC, I preferred Jensens to both Elna Cerafina and Super Through Nichicons. However, they are quite expensive and I will end up with Nichicons in my PS.

What could be better? It depends on your taste, maybe BG N, but it's hard to say without trying.

If the amp is to be used in an active, multi-amp system, a much smaller cap value can be also used.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 26th June 2006, 03:11 PM   #126
lohk is offline lohk  Europe
diyAudio Member

got my boards last week- many thanks to Damien and Peter!!

- but construction will wait untill the local summer temperatures will permit - my garden needs much more attention now. Class A amps are in any case more for the winter days

All the best

Klaus
Old 28th June 2006, 04:56 AM   #127
BillWW is offline BillWW  United States
diyAudio Member

Default power supply caps

Does anyone know where to get 10,000/63 volt caps for a fair price for the zv9 power supply boards?

Thanks, Bill
Old 28th June 2006, 05:30 AM   #128
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

No v9 boards here yet, I wrote Veteran but got no response (or did my spam filter delete it?

Variac
Old 28th June 2006, 05:04 PM   #129
VT67 is offline VT67  Belgium
diyAudio Member

BillWW

Quote:
Does anyone know where to get 10,000/63 volt caps for a fair price for the zv9 power supply boards?
I don't know what you call a fair price but Digi-Key has the Panasonic TSHA (P7492-ND) for $8.38 if you buy at least 10 pieces, which is the exact amount for the ZenV9 (8 on the PS board and 1 per amp PCB).

Regards
Old 28th June 2006, 08:06 PM   #130
veteran is offline veteran  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Variac
No v9 boards here yet, I wrote Veteran but got no response (or did my spam filter delete it?
Variac
Contact me please sending name and address - I will check your order. Now, after last exams I have more spare time

TSHA Panasonic caps will be quite OK for this amplifier - good quality/price radio.

Hide this!Advertise here!